Replacing Sky with Vu+ Duo2 and viewing on more than 1 TV

RayofLight

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I'm a newbie to this section (been a Sky customer for years!), but know a bit about Linux and am seriously considering revamping my TV setup. VU+ Duo2 looks like the preferred option, but after some advice and ideas on how best to go about replacing my Sky box with this and then viewing across multiple TV's in the house.

What I am hoping to achieve is this:
- Cancel Sky subscription
- Replace current Sky box with Vu+ Duo2 box
- Install a new TV in both the kitchen area and at least 1 bedroom

My questions are:
- Can I connect this Vu+ box in the living room to the TV in the kitchen / bedroom? Would a co-axial cable run from the Vu+ box to these TV's (either 1 or both of them) be a solution?
- Do I need a seperate Vu box for each of these TV's? If so, would they each also need a Sky connection or would a TV point suffice?

I do really like the Vu+ Duo2 box and am done with paying for a full on Sky Subscription!

I also only would need to be able to record from the Duo2 box, not fussed about being able to record / access recordings from the other TV's.

Any suggestions are welcome!

If only one sat receiver is going to be available, a coaxial cable would be useless to this purpose.
Many questions arise from your request, just to start:
a) which type of satellite installation do you own?
b) is the concurrent use of your TV's (also watching different channels at the same time) a requirement?

If only one sat receiver is going to be available, a coaxial cable would be useless to this purpose.
Many questions arise from your request, just to start:
a) which type of satellite installation do you own?
b) is the concurrent use of your TV's (also watching different channels at the same time) a requirement?
Hi, I have a standard Sky installation (is this what you meant? Apologies if I misunderstood your question).

Yes, I'd like to be able to watch different channels at the same time.

Thanks

If you have only one cable coming from the sat antenna then only a limited set of channels sharing the same tuning parameters would be visible/recordable at the same time, even directly at the Duo2 itself.
In this case, distributing the video signal to more than 1 TV (even if possible) might become unnecessary.

Ok. Thanks. So I guess the co-axial option is a non-starter.

So if I was to install a Duo2 box in my living room and then have seperate (lesser spec) boxes attached to each TV I guess that would work well. However, would I then need a Sky feed into each of these boxes or is there another method?

The Duo2 can have up to 4 internal sat tuners, and each tuner requires a separate cable to work.

But to get these further cables I don't know if you could modify your sat installation because it's only yours and not shared with other people.

Back