Satellite/General setup of Vuduo2

cj2016

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there, please forgive me as i am completely new at this.. i moved into a place that had a Vuduo running. i has since blackscreened on me and does not work at all. i researched the web and decided to upgrade and buy a vuduo2 from the UK. i assumed i could just unplug the old one and plug in the new. Im in australia and think the Dish is set to , Optus C1, D3 and intelsat 19, but there is nowhere on the new duo2 to choose them. can anyone guide me through the setup process for australia thanks..

Hi there, please forgive me as i am completely new at this.. i moved into a place that had a Vuduo running. i has since blackscreened on me and does not work at all. i researched the web and decided to upgrade and buy a vuduo2 from the UK. i assumed i could just unplug the old one and plug in the new. Im in australia and think the Dish is set to , Optus C1, D3 and intelsat 19, but there is nowhere on the new duo2 to choose them. can anyone guide me through the setup process for australia thanks..
If you don't see your satellites in the list, probably the satellites.xml file is not updated.
Download it from the web (there is an online generator) and place on your box in the /etc/tuxbox folder
Next, reboot your box and reconfigure your new box

Optus C1/D3 are listed on 156E, and Intelsat 19 on 166E, so are you using a fixed dish system with Diseqc switch, or two separate dishes, with 2 lines, one for each tuner?
Just checked my VU+ Duo 2, using Black Hole 3.0.2, and 156E is listed, so I assume so is 166E, in the Tuner options, using the default satellites.xml file.
If you go into the menu, Setup, Service Searching, Tuner Configuration, Tuner A, Configuration Mode - Simple, Mode - either Diseqc A/B, Single, or other, depending on your setup, and scroll through the satellite options to find 156E.
Please post back with more information, regarding your satellite system, and how you've set the Tuner configurations.

Back