Satfinder - Default

del6600

Vu+ User
Is there a way to default the "Satfinder" satellite? I carry a Vu+ Dou in a motorhome. The dish is on the roof of the vehicle so every time I move the dish is put down. When arriving at my chosen destination up goes the dish and I choose my viewing satellite. Via "Satfinder" the default channel is always 19.2° Astra. My chosen viewing sat is 28.2° Astra which means I have to remember to select 28.2° before I search for the required sat. The Vu+ is also used as a multi sat rx so more than 30 sats are loaded. In the UK we always use 28.2°.

It would be great if there is a way to set 28.2° as the default??

Is there a way to default the "Satfinder" satellite? I carry a Vu+ Dou in a motorhome. The dish is on the roof of the vehicle so every time I move the dish is put down. When arriving at my chosen destination up goes the dish and I choose my viewing satellite. Via "Satfinder" the default channel is always 19.2° Astra. My chosen viewing sat is 28.2° Astra which means I have to remember to select 28.2° before I search for the required sat. The Vu+ is also used as a multi sat rx so more than 30 sats are loaded. In the UK we always use 28.2°.

It would be great if there is a way to set 28.2° as the default??

The only way is that you edit plugin.py (backup first) with Linux editor (exmaple editpadlite free editor for windows http://www.editpadlite.com/)
in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Satfinder/

and replace 192 with 282 (use search 192 in editor)

Upload plugin.py after edit and reboot.

The only way is that you edit plugin.py (backup first) with Linux editor (exmaple editpadlite free editor for windows http://www.editpadlite.com/)
in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Satfinder/

and replace 192 with 282 (use search 192 in editor)

Upload plugin.py after edit and reboot.

Thanks for the reply, will give it ago in few days time, out on travels at the moment so cannot connect pc to box.

p.s. will this apply to the Duo2 as well?

Thanks for the reply, will give it ago in few days time, out on travels at the moment so cannot connect pc to box.

p.s. will this apply to the Duo2 as well?

This one is for Black Hole DUO2 image,tested and working
(Not for Open Black HOLE)

Attachments

Ok will investigate, now I know where to look should be no problem, I'm not a Linux programmer, If it were Windows then no problem. I'm learning.
Once again many thanks.

Ok will investigate, now I know where to look should be no problem, I'm not a Linux programmer, If it were Windows then no problem. I'm learning.
Once again many thanks.

For this it is not necessary to be a Linux developer :D

192 in plugin.py is 19.2 E
282 in plugin.py is 28.2 E

Back