Save picons to internal hdd or usb

gazzam1

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys, very new to this, havnt recieved my vu solo 2 as of yet but trying to gather as much info as possible before i do get it later this week,
My question is regarding picons, i have an internal hdd that i will install once the box arrives but im wondering if i can save picon on this and how would it be done, do i need partitions on hdd or not.
Other option is save to usb mounted as media/usb, i only have one usb at the moment formatted fat 32 and i have bh image on it ready to be intalled, can i use this usb with the image on it or do i have to delete all on the usb to mount it and use for picons?
All advice appreciated, very new to this so be gentle :)

Hi guys, very new to this, havnt recieved my vu solo 2 as of yet but trying to gather as much info as possible before i do get it later this week,
My question is regarding picons, i have an internal hdd that i will install once the box arrives but im wondering if i can save picon on this and how would it be done, do i need partitions on hdd or not.
Other option is save to usb mounted as media/usb, i only have one usb at the moment formatted fat 32 and i have bh image on it ready to be intalled, can i use this usb with the image on it or do i have to delete all on the usb to mount it and use for picons?
All advice appreciated, very new to this so be gentle :)

The ideal situation is to have 2 usb sticks
1 x 250mb for flash upgrades......then remove after completion of upgrade....then insert
1 x *gb for Picon,multiboot,epg and anything else.

Back