Scanning 16E draws a blank.... Any advice?

Peter114

Vu+ Newbie
As a complete novice, I have hit a wall....

I've just acquired a Vu+ Duo with VTi image, previously set up for someone else. I've connected a single coax to it which comes from a satellite which has two LNBs, switched. The dish is pointing at 16E and there is an offset LNB for Astra (28.2E). I've looped one tuner to the other.

When I started to scan I was offered both satellites, as expected. Also as expected, the receiver found hundreds of channels on Astra. But it found nothing at 16E, where I am hoping to get channels from ex-Yugoslavia. To give one example channel, websites list RTRS (Banja Luka) on Eutelsat 16A, encryption "clear" and frequency 11262H. It also shows up on Eutelsat W2, where encryption is "Videoguard" and the frequency is 11428V. The receiver tells me it is scanning Eutelsat W2.

I can't make the receiver scan Eutelsat W2, only 16A. But if I do a single-transponder scan I can specify either 11262H or 11428V and both seem to be accepted. The result is always the same - nil channels found.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Is the dish using a Diseqc switch? 2 cables, one from each LNB, connect to a small box and then one cable runs to your receiver.
Do you have easy access, to the dish, and LNB's? If so try running a cable direct from the LNB pointing at 16E to your receiver, then scan in the channels.
You might have a faulty LNB, loose connection, faulty diseqc switch, damaged cable, or the LNB might no longer be aligned on 16E. You will need to test each part, to see where the problem lies.

Thanks Mick12334, and yes, there's a Diseqc switch at the dish. I'll try the tests you suggest, but if there is indeed a problem in that chain, would the receiver still be showing Eutelsat W2 as available to scan?

Once the tuner is set up, to scan a satellite, it will show any satellite available to scan, it just wont show any channels, from the satellite, but might scan in other satellite channels, with similar frequencies, Symbol Rates, and polarities, yet store them as being on the wrong satellite.
Have you set up the Diseqc options correctly, to get 16E, via the Disecq switch?
Please post back, with your results, from running a cable directly from the 16E LNB, to your receiver.

Back