Setting a start service?

Helvetica

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone and thankyou for accepting me into your community.
I have a Vu+ Duo2, a 1.6m dish with a 36V motor actuated using a SuperJack actuator box. So no normal Diseq and definitely no USALS !

Firstly thankyou for the instructions to add a new satellite - I made a hash of things at first (I only clicked the one that I wanted to ADD, not all the ones I WANT) but finally worked it out.
On my old Dreambox I was able to set a "start service" in case of a power cut, so that when power came back on, it automatically started up there - I usually set it to BBC 1.
I cannot find this option on my VU+ and (we have an electrician in the house at the moment) when he had to switch the power off a couple of hours ago, the dish automatically moved to 23 East when power came back on again. I want it to stay on 28 E or move to 28E.
Can anyone tell me how to set that on the VU+ ? I can't find anything about it in the manual.
Thankyou

You can use Startup Service plugin to set the start channel.

You can download and install it by BH addons server (BH feeds plugins).

You can use Startup Service plugin to set the start channel.

You can download and install it by BH addons server (BH feeds plugins).
Thankyou for the reply. I worked where it was (I am not yet familiar with what is where and it took me a while to find it) so for any other newbies like me looking for this, here are the step by step instructions:
- On any channel: click Menu -> Setup -> Software Management -> Manage Extensions ->System ("View list....") -> Startup Service, click OK on that line and a little green arrow will appear on the round "button" on the right -> yellow button -> green button to install it. When installed the VU will restart.
Then, in the channel list, scroll to the channel you want to set as startup service. Press "Menu" ->Set as startup service. Done.
Maybe there are shortcuts but this is how I did it.
Thanks again - !

You should use another way:
Green Panel (green button) > Addons (yellow button) > Download an install addons > Feeds Plugins..

You should use another way:
Green Panel (green button) > Addons (yellow button) > Download an install addons > Feeds Plugins..
Thankyou. I thought there might be a shortcut but I don't have that "Download and install addons" option - does it have another name (my list begins with "Addons Download Manager")

Back