Setting up a motor with VU+ Solo2

spinev

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone. I need some help in setting up my motor and make it working with my decoder. I have the motor aligned, infact when I use positioner setup and use the fine tune I manage to get it to 97-99% signal strength, however when I exit the menu and I zap back to channel hitting the yes button it goes to the previous position with 25% signal strength. I tried to search for an answer but have not found anything yet.

My tuner position is set to simple and Positioner, and gave my longitude and latitude coordinates. Is it possible to have the tuner set to diseqc 1.2 motor that uses the satellite.xml file? I previously had a dreambox and used to set the motor to diseqc 1.2 and find 1 satellite and save that position and the ret of the satellites where automatically updated.

I found out that you can choose diseqc 1.2 in the advanced motor setup and choosing LNB 1 but I am only getting one satellite.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

To set up Diseqc 1.2 you need to manually drive your dish, to each satellite, and set it's position, e.g. 19.2E = 1, 16E = 2, etc....
It sounds like your Longitude position isn't set correctly, or your motor wasn't set up correctly. Check your Latitude, and Longitude, by using a site like dishpointer.com, remember negative Longitude readings = West, positive = East, so if your Longitude reading is -3.254, that equates to 3.254 W.

Thanks a lot for your reply Mick12334. The alignment of the motor is ok i guess as i can find all satellites when i fine tune. However i bilieve thatthe dish is not aligned with the satellites. Previously when i had the dreambox i used to save one location and the rest of the satellites were aligned due to the diseqc 1.2. Anyway I will have to either manually set all satellites or align the dish.
My next questions would be , if i manually save the location of all the satellites, where can i find the file so i can take a back up of it. Otherwise if i have to reflash or upgrade the firmware i have to do this everytime.

Thanks again

It would be easier to change your Longitude settings.
Try going into motor setup and change the Longitude, by a few degrees, East, or West, to compensate for any alignment issues.
Keep trying little adjustments until you're happy you've got the maximum signal.
I have a 36v motor, so have to use a V-Box II, which stores all the satellite positions, then all I have to do is set up Tuner A to match the satellites, to the stored positions, without the need to move the dish, this only takes a minute, so I haven't backed up anything, except my Channel List.

Back