Setup and manual

Aslan76

Vu+ Newbie
First is there a way to down load a decent manual (not the one with download written all over it ) when you pay £350+ I do not think its to much to ask for a decent manual.
Second I have done a factory reset but do not get a first time set up (as I'm having BIG troubles to set the box up) and Yes theres a very good chance its me.
Just for the record I have an old LBN and dish (but it still works with SKY with NO trouble) one cable from dish. It scans in 125 channels from Astra (19.2) and (time & date shows as 1970 time is also wrong) I know it gets this info from the sat.
Tuners are as follows A - astra 19.2 B - loopthrough as A
Black hole only shows a lot of german channels none of which work
ANY help/suggestions really appriciated (have a reasonable knowledge of Computers etc although still learning)

A manual would be practically useless, as you load an image, like Black Hole, which is similar to loading a Linux Operating System, on your PC, and then adding software.
You have paid £350+ but forgotten to post which VU+ model you have bought, which is important.
You mention that you have an old LNB, and dish, that works with Sky?
Sky UK is on Astra 2, 28.2E, Sky Germany on Astra 1, 19.2E.

Can you please post more detailed information, regarding your satellite setup:
Receiver Make/Model
Dish setup, single, fixed, or motorized, which satellites you can pick up, single cable, or multiple cables.
If pointing at 19.2E, please try manually scanning in the FTA, Free To Air, channels, and report back with names, frequencies, and signal quality readings.
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-1KR-1L-1M-1N.html

Hi Mick
Thank you for replying I have Vu+solo4K with Black hole installed and to be more accurate I want to stop sky and use Freesat I can pick some FTA channels
speaking to a friend - I have a very old fixed dish at 19.2 the LBN has 4 cable outlets (3 connected) and he said the problem could be that sky (UK) still transmits on 19.2 (as my sky box still works 100%) and on 28.2 and he thinks that freesat transmits only 28.2 as I'm not up to scratch on sats etc -so if he is right I will have to change sat. (buy a motorized dish and LNB)
really do appreciate your help and time (these things happen when you're 72) thank you again

Sky UK moved from 19.2E many years ago, to 28.2E.
If you have two dishes, and LNB's, one pointing at 19.2E, the other pointing at 28.2E, you might be using a Diseqc switch, this links two, or more, LNB's, to one cable, that feeds into your receiver.
Unless your dish is extremely old you are probably pointing at 28.2E, Astra 2.
Go into the Menu, Setup, Service Searching, manual scan, and scan in:
Frequency 10729 DVB-S, Vertical polarity, S/R 22000, and see what channels scan in.

Please add more details:
Model of VU+ receiver.
Satellite dish setup, motorized, fixed, multiple LNB's, etc..
Image you're using
Tuner configuration

The only reason, I can think of, that you're not seeing Astra 2, 28.2E, is that it isn't in your satellites.xml file, which would be unusual, or more likely that you've got your tuners configured incorrectly.

Back