SID not found in PAT - how to stop it happening

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
I keep getting this each morning. BH 2.1.1 clean install. I have the EPG updating at 4am automatically.
I did an automatic rescan of all channels but still does it.
I leave it in standby overnight, in the morning the box display says DVB Service, I switch on the the VU+ and TV is blank.
I then go to standby again, then turn it on and it shows the SID message counting down. Screen goes blank and I can then use the box as normal but only after selecting a channel.

Seems from other posts this is due to not having a certain channel scanned in ? I have all scanned in and still happens.
Is there a setting to turn this off ? Seems a common problem as it must happen to anyone who does not have these channels up to date, or maybe I am the only one :(

a911

The BH Lover
I keep getting this each morning. BH 2.1.1 clean install. I have the EPG updating at 4am automatically.
I leave it in standby overnight, in the morning the box display says DVB Service, I switch on the the VU+ and TV is blank.
I then go to standby again, then turn it on and it shows the SID message counting down. Screen goes blank and I can then use the box as normal but only after selecting a channel.

Seems from other posts this is due to not having a certain channel scanned in ? I have all scanned in and still happens.
Is there a setting to turn this off ? Seems a common problem as it must happen to anyone who does not have these channels up to date, or maybe I am the only one :(

Check your dish orientation!
Up date your satellite.xml file, use Satloader plugin!
Check your cable/LNB connections.

dave3dg

Vu+ Newbie

I also have a similar problem with my Duo2 but with slight differences:-

I leave it in standby at bedtime, during the night if I switch on the tv the stb has switched itself on with the tv showing a blank but bright screen , up or down arrow gives me the bouquet I am in and I also have to select a channel for pictures.

I was watching a film on 19e last night and the stb switched to a DVB Service box saying it was switching to the DBV service, then the bright blank screen. up or down arrow gives me the bouquet I am in and I have to select a channel for pictures.

I only use crossepg manually as it is quite dodgy and I am very wary of it.

I have checked and disabled the timer in Menu and checked and disabled all services not essential for normal running.

I use a Neet HDMI extender with IR probes in the bedroom for Sat and channel switching and this DVB problem causes the extender to trip out and I have to trot down stairs in the night to enable it again.:wallbash:

Any help would be very welcome:)

Robocop1967

Vu+ User

I get the same message sometimes because after my update it is on a channel that isn't airing,say BBC 3 that doesn't start until 7 pm.No great shakes,I just change the channel.

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
The sat dish is at 95% strength/quality so not sure what more I can do, all channels are fine, moving the dish would make it worse so don't think that is the problem.

I leave the box in standby when not in use and often on BBC1 when in standby. This should be ok.
Screen on the front shows DVB Services 1st thing, I switch the box on and get a blank screen (it is on BBC1) but wakes up when I press up/down to change channel and works ok from then on.
I have noticed that when I do this I can't get the 7 day EPG to come up (press button3), I have to select another channel, any one, then it works ok from then on.
I can live with this but prefer not to have various messages like this each day, I assumed I would wake the box up and it should show BBC1 in this case.
All recordings done overnight work so no problem there, just a 'nice to have' to get rid of the message.

A different thread http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/sid-not-found-in-pat.19171/ said 'Re-scan HB 13E' but I did a complete re scan and didn't fix it.
I assume it is missing a bit of info, but what.

dave3dg

Vu+ Newbie
  • I stopped the DVB Services thing by disabling all the options in EPG Panel in Main Menu or blue button then red button. I had noticed when the DVB panel came on and cut the film off the other night it was at 23.15pm. The time settings were all set to that time in the EPG Panel.