Smartcard: I hope this is just my ignorance

Gezzdoc

Vu+ Newbie
Hi folks!

I'm new to these parts, came from a TM6800 HD super (which sadly died).
Read lots of good things about Vu+, got myself a Solo SE V2 and now falling at the 1st hurdle :shout:

I have a Skylink Czech Irdeto card, which was just plug & play in my old machine.
That's right; zippo on the Solo SE.
I can't even work out how to check if it's been recognized. :fie:

HEEEEELP :shout:

Thanks in advance

P.S. 'Using' BlackHole

Hi folks!

I'm new to these parts, came from a TM6800 HD super (which sadly died).
Read lots of good things about Vu+, got myself a Solo SE V2 and now falling at the 1st hurdle :shout:

I have a Skylink Czech Irdeto card, which was just plug & play in my old machine.
That's right; zippo on the Solo SE.
I can't even work out how to check if it's been recognized. :fie:

HEEEEELP :shout:

Thanks in advance

P.S. 'Using' BlackHole
You must use CI modules according to your smartcard.

Thanks for reply.

Please tell me:
  1. You mean a software CI module
  2. Which one and where do I get it from
  3. Why I'm wrong to think Xcrypt + Cryptoworks/Irdeto 2 shouldn't need any additional equipment

Thanks for reply.

Please tell me:
  1. You mean a software CI module
  2. Which one and where do I get it from
  3. Why I'm wrong to think Xcrypt + Cryptoworks/Irdeto 2 shouldn't need any additional equipment
1. NO. I refer to HARDWARE CI module
2. Software CI modules (also called EMU/SOFTCAMs ARE NOT WELCOME, NOT SUPPORTED AND NOT WANTED IN THIS BOARD)
3. XCrypt is a thing. Cryptoworks/Irdeto2 other things. All are Conditional Access Systems but they are differents.

Ok, thanks for clarification.

Just to be clear however; the card I refer to is legally purchased & paid for by by Czech father-in-law for watching stuff when he's here.
If I'd known additional equipment was needed, I would just have bought another Technomate.
You live and learn :(

I then read this: vuplus-support.org/wiki/index.php?title=Smartcards#Sonstige_Karten and thought I must be missing something, but clearly not.

Any recommendations for additional HARDWARE?
I don't want to again spend money only to realize I've bought the wrong thing :furious:

Ok, thanks for clarification.

Just to be clear however; the card I refer to is legally purchased & paid for by by Czech father-in-law for watching stuff when he's here.
If I'd known additional equipment was needed, I would just have bought another Technomate.
You live and learn :(

I then read this: vuplus-support.org/wiki/index.php?title=Smartcards#Sonstige_Karten and thought I must be missing something, but clearly not.

Any recommendations for additional HARDWARE?
I don't want to again spend money only to realize I've bought the wrong thing :furious:
The link you mention contains software pieces not allowed here so you can looking for some materials about that via Google search engine.

Back