smartcards

grufti

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Eragon!
I just read the closed thread "Eric45: How can i see an encrypted channel while i record another one with VU+ Duo²".
If I interpret the asterixes right, they stay for "BLACKHOLE". The version numbers behind the asterixes indicate this.
If this is right, then please give me an answer to my following statement (not needed, if the asterixes mean something else, other than "BH").
I read the forum rules and saw the text "it's forbidden any debate about the smartcard reading and encoding systems". If this means, that every discussion about smartcards is not allowed, there goes something in the wrong direction. I have a DUO2 with 2 legal CI slots (legally sold by VU+ distributor), 2 legal official VIACESS modules, 2 legal (payed) smartcards and can not use both units in BH 2.1.3 at the same time. If the BLACKHOLE programmer close their shocked eyes and bann a newbie, if only the word "smardcard" is seen in the forum, it is not a miracle, that my cards don't work as I hoped, when I payed for them.
If you had answered to Eric45 "normally a smartcard can decrypt only one service at time", you had broken the forum rules?

Hello Eragon!
I just read the closed thread "Eric45: How can i see an encrypted channel while i record another one with VU+ Duo²".
If I interpret the asterixes right, they stay for "BLACKHOLE". The version numbers behind the asterixes indicate this.
If this is right, then please give me an answer to my following statement (not needed, if the asterixes mean something else, other than "BH").
I read the forum rules and saw the text "it's forbidden any debate about the smartcard reading and encoding systems". If this means, that every discussion about smartcards is not allowed, there goes something in the wrong direction. I have a DUO2 with 2 legal CI slots (legally sold by VU+ distributor), 2 legal official VIACESS modules, 2 legal (payed) smartcards and can not use both units in BH 2.1.3 at the same time. If the BLACKHOLE programmer close their shocked eyes and bann a newbie, if only the word "smardcard" is seen in the forum, it is not a miracle, that my cards don't work as I hoped, when I payed for them.
If you had answered to Eric45 "normally a smartcard can decrypt only one service at time", you had broken the forum rules?

First point: asterisks cover the word not welcome and "BLACKHOLE" is our mark ... it's so clear that this word is allowed.

Your problem is so clear: you must use the function "Common Interface Assignment" to bind services to a specified CI slot (and CAM+card).

Hello angelofsky1980, thankyou.
So by accident the hidden object has the same version numbers as the actual BH. Sorry for my misinterpretation.

Of course I did use this assignment function. Formerly, I think I had BH 2.03, I was able to use both modules at the same time. Then I changed one smartcard and at the same time moved to BH 2.1.x (actual 2.1.3) and was only able to use one card. CI Assignment is possibel but decryption works only in one ci. Both modules are viacess and I tried different combinations, which ci in the upper or lower slot, exchanging smartcards incl. exchanging assignments. The documentation of these functionality is bad, so I gave up after reading in one thread, 2 ci modules at the same time is rarely used and 2 same modules would not work (But as I said before, it had worked formerly, it is not always impossible). I can live with it in the moment.

Then I changed one smartcard and at the same time moved to BH 2.1.x (actual 2.1.3) and was only able to use one card. CI Assignment is possibel but decryption works only in one ci. Both modules are viacess and I tried different combinations, which ci in the upper or lower slot, exchanging smartcards incl. exchanging assignments.
If now your new smartcard is a Viaccess one too, then generally in a box it's not possible to use at the same time 2 CI modules using the same encryption.
This is a well known problem for all the STB's I know of.

About the rules, this forum doesn't allow discussion about softcams (BTW do you know what ******* means ? asterisks stay for s.o.f.t.c.a.m), especially when it's very likely that one member is using it and having problems with it...;)

For inforrmation:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

Hello angelofsky1980, thankyou.
So by accident the hidden object has the same version numbers as the actual BH. Sorry for my misinterpretation.

Of course I did use this assignment function. Formerly, I think I had BH 2.03, I was able to use both modules at the same time. Then I changed one smartcard and at the same time moved to BH 2.1.x (actual 2.1.3) and was only able to use one card. CI Assignment is possibel but decryption works only in one ci. Both modules are viacess and I tried different combinations, which ci in the upper or lower slot, exchanging smartcards incl. exchanging assignments. The documentation of these functionality is bad, so I gave up after reading in one thread, 2 ci modules at the same time is rarely used and 2 same modules would not work (But as I said before, it had worked formerly, it is not always impossible). I can live with it in the moment.

I haven't two cards with same crypto system in my home ... I'll try ASAP to get a Viaccess card and make direc tests with 2 CI modules ....

Hello angelofsky1980, the priority of the solution of this problem is not as high for me in the moment. Spend your efforts for more important problems. Thanks anyway.
Did you read in my second post, that 2 viacess ci modules with two different viacess smartcards had worked in BH 2.03. It is a pity of course, I changed 2 parameters at the same time, before the working coexistence of both Ci modules/smartcards ended (smartcard and BH version).
Hello Eragon, thankyou for your answer. I now know, that discussion of ci module problems is not generally forbidden, as I feared, when reading Eric45s post and tried to interpret asterixes and the mentioned sentence in forum rules.

Back