Software Error with PVR/Planner Query

aluaP

Vu+ Newbie
I have had a VU Solo2 SE for a year, it was setup for me. So, I am a total novice at this, so would appreciate pain English instructions.

When I now click on the PVR button systems says "your receiver has encountered a software problem and needs to restart....."
But after the restart I click on PVR button again and it does exactly the same thing, a restart.
Before it started getting Software Error message and restarting, I was looking for a programme in PVR and accidently clicked on an arrow button on the handset, which took me to another path in the PVR, and in trying to get back to the place where my recordings are listed is when this repeat restarting started happening. I have no idea how to fix this, so would appreciate you assistance.

The 'Default movie location' is /media/hdd/movie/

Other that pressing the 'PVR button on the remote, is there another way to get to the path; /media/hdd/movie/ so I can see the programmes I have recorded ?

Thanks

Hmm... the message you get is too generic.
Taken that it is not due to a hardware failure, for instance just from your HDD, the best thing to do would be to reflash. Look for the procedure here in this forum or elsewhere: it's not so difficult.
Remember that if you don't learn how to save your settings, you'll loose every plugins, settings and so on (not the recordings, obviously).

This STBs are not like "closed" decoders, where you can't do nothing and so you don't have to know much. If you want to use a VU+ or a linux STB with real satisfaction, you MUST go a step forward in your knowledge of them. They are like computers, in a sense, and if it's not today that you can avoid to go deeper into its, it'll be tomorrow.
So, the sooner you find out how to manage them, the better.

If you don't want to do that (a reflash), you could try to use an alternative to browse your recordings and this alternative is Enhanced Movie Center (EMC). After installing it, enter its setup and assign a key to it (I'd choose a different key from the standard PVR, just to have both ways of accessing your recordings).

If also EMC fails... believe me: learning how to reflash your box will save you from many other tries to check other possible causes of your problem.

Meanwhile, you can access your files from a computer through a FTP software like Filezilla.

I have had a VU Solo2 SE for a year............

Which is the exact model of your VU+?
Vu+ produces VU+ Solo2 and Solo SE but not Solo2 SE: if your model is exactly Solo2 SE isn't original one but a CLONE and clones aren't supported and not welcome in this forum.

Back