Solo 4K Exclusively for VU + community from Anga Cable

Nitemare

Vu+ User
Very nice ... any rear panel pics??

Also wonder if VU+ will offer an Ultimo2 anytime in the future (probably with 4K tech??) :)

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Do you know if the tuner supports the 4K channel tunning?

Or it's just resolution output that is 4K?

I see dvbs2 tuner but I don't think that's compatible with the 4K Sat standards

Ev0

Admin
Do you know if the tuner supports the 4K channel tunning?

Or it's just resolution output that is 4K?

I see dvbs2 tuner but I don't think that's compatible with the 4K Sat standards

It says "Fixed Dual FBC Tuner"

Which means it's twin Full Band Capture tuners.

Full-Band Capture Satellite Set-Top Box SoC: Broadcom's FBC technology digitizes the entire 950-2150 MHz satellite spectrum, replacing multiple discrete tuners with only one FBC chipset. This enables bandwidth deployment flexibility, reduced power consumption and faster channel change with Broadcom's FastRTV. Broadcom's FBC satellite technology enables lower overall complexity and system costs by replacing up to eight satellite chips and achieving more than 65 percent reduction in the number of connections between front-end and back-end devices.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Thank God there is no Scart connection :thankyou: No fan at the back but hopefully better ventilation through the top cover. I do also like that 2.5" HDD slot at the back.
It looks it's taller and narrower comparing to Duo2. What are the dimensions of this box, anyone knows?
Hope, if there will be Duo2 2nd generation it will look better then this one.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
The curious thing is that it has been called Solo: since there are 2 4K sat tuners and there is a slot for another dual tuner (2xS2 or 2xT2/C),
I'd expect to be more like a Duo...