Some question

damu999

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys,
I'm seriously considering buying a duo2 box but I come from the DMM world therefore I've some doubt about the duo2 features.
I searched into this forum but I didn't find the answers I need, sorry for that.

1. Is planned and not so far the release of a new duo box version ? I read a thread about this, it seems no. Could you confirm me this please ? (I'm not currently interested in 4k box)
2. I don't understand if the new NDS encryption is supported by the duo2 box by using a genuine sky card
3. Currently I use the vlc lan streaming service launched by the EPG into the webif, is this feature implemented even in the BH image ? I read some threads about the availability of a couple of plugins that allow the streaming and another one that describes the possibility of manually constructing the url to be invoked from vlc.

Thank you very much.
D.

Hi guys,
I'm seriously considering buying a duo2 box but I come from the DMM world therefore I've some doubt about the duo2 features.
I searched into this forum but I didn't find the answers I need, sorry for that.

1. Is planned and not so far the release of a new duo box version ? I read a thread about this, it seems no. Could you confirm me this please ? (I'm not currently interested in 4k box)
2. I don't understand if the new NDS encryption is supported by the duo2 box by using a genuine sky card
3. Currently I use the vlc lan streaming service launched by the EPG into the webif, is this feature implemented even in the BH image ? I read some threads about the availability of a couple of plugins that allow the streaming and another one that describes the possibility of manually constructing the url to be invoked from vlc.

Thank you very much.
D.
1. not known
2. with a certified CI CAM module of course. Without it, you must read our Board rules. Point n.4
3. probably. It's a OpenWebif feature. If it's not actually present, it' will be avaiable on the next version.

Thank you all for answering me.

1. ok, thanks.
2. i didn't mean illegal use of the box, just i want to know if i'll purchase this box and then i'll insert my legal/genuine smartcard, i can watch tv without problems. just this.
3. sorry for my ignorance, is openwebif the same as for DMM images ?

Many thanks.
D.

Thank you all for answering me.

1. ok, thanks.
2. i didn't mean illegal use of the box, just i want to know if i'll purchase this box and then i'll insert my legal/genuine smartcard, i can watch tv without problems. just this.
3. sorry for my ignorance, is openwebif the same as for DMM images ?

Many thanks.
D.

2. It depends of your TV SERVICES PROVIDER ... must of them have proprietary rights, and their cards must working on their own receivers, in that case you can´t do this!
3. Yes, afaik, is the same, or similar!

best regards
nunigaia

2. It depends of your TV SERVICES PROVIDER ... must of them have proprietary rights, and their cards must working on their own receivers, in that case you can´t do this!
3. Yes, afaik, is the same, or similar!

best regards
nunigaia
Thank you very very much!

Back