Some questions before I install BH

polomora

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

I bought a VU+Duo about 18 months ago, and immediately installed OpenPli on it. I've found iOpenPli to be very unstable, and with the wife threatening to kick the VU+ out the window because of the frequent crashes, I've decided I have to do something. So here I am...

Before installing, I've some time looking around the forums here, to get an idea of what is involved. I have a few questions:
  1. Is BH an updated version of the official sofware from VU+ that was installed on the Duo when I bought it?
  2. I've read some forum posts about installing CFE and a new boot loader to solve the 128 MB problem. Do I have to install these before I install the latest BH image?
  3. Once I install BH, is there a way back? That is, if I install the updated CFE and/or boot loader, can I go back to using OpenPli?
  4. With OpenPli, I've installed a few extra plugins, such as the RTE Player (for Irish TV), MultiQuick Button (to reassign functions to the RC buttons) and BackupSuite (to backup the current firmware and settings to a USB stick). Will be able to reinstall these plugins?
  5. I use Dreambox Edit to copy the current channel settings to my PC. Will I be able to continue using it?
Many thanks,
Paul

Hello,

I bought a VU+Duo about 18 months ago, and immediately installed OpenPli on it. I've found iOpenPli to be very unstable, and with the wife threatening to kick the VU+ out the window because of the frequent crashes, I've decided I have to do something. So here I am...

Before installing, I've some time looking around the forums here, to get an idea of what is involved. I have a few questions:
  1. Is BH an updated version of the official sofware from VU+ that was installed on the Duo when I bought it? Yes
  2. I've read some forum posts about installing CFE and a new boot loader to solve the 128 MB problem. Do I have to install these before I install the latest BH image? Maybe if you have not done so already
  3. Once I install BH, is there a way back? That is, if I install the updated CFE and/or boot loader, can I go back to OpenPli? You can use any image you like after the CFE update
  4. With OpenPli, I've installed a few extra plugins, such as the RTE Player (for Irish TV), MultiQuick Button (to reassign functions to the RC buttons) and BackupSuite (to backup the current firmware and settings to a USB stick). Will be able to reinstall these plugins? Yes and if you have a problem feel free to ask for help.
Many thanks,
Paul

Here is a link to help with CFE update if it is required.

Code:
http://vuplus.com/downloadSoftwareUpdateContent.htm?idx=3&pagenum=1

Back