SSD for 4K

Deny27

Vu+ Newbie
There are no hardware incompatibilities, but the images are optimized to work with SSD ? I mean enhancements to not shorten the lifespan of the SSD (such as Windows XP that shortens the lifespan of the SSD). These days want to order a receiver Vu+ Ultimo 4K and i no longer wish to install HDD, but to put a 1TB SSD (which is not cheap and I want to resist in time).

Ev0

Admin
There are no hardware incompatibilities, but the images are optimized to work with SSD ? I mean enhancements to not shorten the lifespan of the SSD (such as Windows XP that shortens the lifespan of the SSD). These days want to order a receiver Vu+ Ultimo 4K and i no longer wish to install HDD, but to put a 1TB SSD (which is not cheap and I want to resist in time).
These boxes run linux, so unlike windows they don't not have a trim function, that will damage ssd's.

I have to say that there is not really much to gain, fitting an ssd to these boxes, as a normal 2.5" hdd is plenty fast enough to record and playback from.

AlexWilMac

I confirm: at the moment I didn't find significant improvements using a SSD. So I decided to use it in more useful situations.
Even NAS don't have too many problems, usually, although sometimes I noticed some frame corrupt in full HD recordings but it was probably caused by using this NAS also for other purposes. Anyway, I didn't try NAS for recording for too long.
But I've never had any troubles with normal HDD, even with 4K recordings.
What really changes is not related to recordings but to:
1) time to cut movies (really much shorter and really much longer with a NAS);
2) loading of images in OpenMultiboot