Stream Decoding problem

Rui Cardoso

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Community,

I'm a recent happy owner of a Duo2. I've installed BH 2.1.6.1 image in it and been happily using it without any issues. Though, it comes now to the phase of fine tuning it :) and 1st feature to be setup is the streaming over my internal LAN.
My problem is with the decoding of the stream in some SWs... I've tested several combinations HW/OS and the thing is:
1) With Kodi, Live TV works OK, communicates with STB Duo2, changes channel, etc BUT it cannot decode the stream, I get a black screen (buffering 0%). I know the stream is getting to the tablet as I see a ~6Mbps DL IP flow starting when I choose/start a channel
2) I've then tested the Vu+ APP and same stuff :(( controls the box OK, and it's like it is all working OK (channel selection, EPG, etc) BUT no image
3) Then I've installed MX Player that I know to decode well h264 streams and tested it manually: select a channel on STB, get that same channel info stream link from OpenWebif and paste it in MX Player and VOILÁ! the stream is awesome and working perfectly!...
4) doing the same thing on a PC, VLC plays it correctly!!!

My question is: why is Vu+ App or Kodi NOT decoding these streams?! is there any decoder required? I was searching but found nothing...
My priority is to have the Kodi working... so any feedback would be appreciated as I would like to have streams available in other rooms of the house.
Thks in advance,

Rui Cardoso

Back