Three technical questions

ruvain

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

As a newbie who just got his first ever linux box I tried to update my Ultimo to Black Hole Ver 2.0.x.
At the moment the box is powered with some default version named experimental VU+ 2013-02-13 or alike.

I've red in all threads regarding Ver 2.0.x that it should be flashed and not to be installed through the files placed USB procedure of /VUPLUS/Ultimo. I unsuccessfully tried looking for the flashing procedure here . I have following questions:

1. Could someone please indicated where to find the flashing instructions?
  2. Should I flash directly with latest version (i.e ver 2.0.2) or should I go through the major version 2.0.0 ?
  3. In case It takes first to install version 2.0.0 should I update in an incremental manner or can can I skip for instance ver 2.0.1 or its mandatory to have installed prior to ver 2.0.2?
Thank you in advance!
Ruvain

ruvain

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mito

Thank you for your prompt answer. I 'd tried doing the actions indicated but I was unsuccessful.
I tried a different USB I'd also tried removing any other USB devices as suggested (I unplugged the wireless network adapter).

May I be be missing something? After the box boots up withe the usb plugged in the stb's front,
a message comes up asking to press a button. I presume the button to press is the most left one that turns the appliance on and off or puts it into sleeping mode.
Is this the right one I should press? For how long should I hold it pressed? I just touched it and left it as I noticed the buttonpressed was sensed by the appliance.

Thanks for your kind assistance,

Ruvain

Mito

Administrator
Hi Mito

Thank you for your prompt answer. I 'd tried doing the actions indicated but I was unsuccessful.
I tried a different USB I'd also tried removing any other USB devices as suggested (I unplugged the wireless network adapter).

May I be be missing something? After the box boots up withe the usb plugged in the stb's front,
a message comes up asking to press a button. I presume the button to press is the most left one that turns the appliance on and off or puts it into sleeping mode.
Is this the right one I should press? For how long should I hold it pressed? I just touched it and left it as I noticed the buttonpressed was sensed by the appliance.

Thanks for your kind assistance,

Ruvain
You have to press the button shown in the picture.

ultimo.jpg

ruvain

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Mito and Ismirsat

Thank you very much for detailed explanations. I'll try this later on this evening and I'll let you know,
as to the extent of my success. Although already asked and already answered, due to the possible lethal implications,
I'll ask again. Could you please indicate which BH version should I use for the migration purpose from, the native firmware version?

Thank you both again ,

Ruvain

Mito

Administrator
Hello Mito and Ismirsat

Thank you very much for detailed explanations. I'll try this later on this evening and I'll let you know,
as to the extent of my success. Although already asked and already answered, due to the possible lethal implications,
I'll ask again. Could you please indicate which BH version should I use for the migration purpose from, the native firmware version?

Thank you both again ,

Ruvain
In my first post you can find the link to download the latest Black Hole image ;)
However: http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-vu-ultimo-2-0-2-rev-a.11986/