Timer did not record show???

Dani

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all again.

For the first time i used the EPG / Similar function.
Was watching a show i really wanted to record and did the following.

Hit EPG / Red Button (for Similar) / Green Button (Add Timer) / Green again (OK)

All seemed straight forward, very easy..... I selected 3 events to record.

Last night the first event was executed, woke up today and checked in "Timer" and said "Done"

Went to Player (Enhanced Movie Center) and the recording is listed.
But nothing plays and the recording duration shows 00:53 seconds.

Can someone pls tell me if the Vu needs to be left on the correct channel for a timer recording to take place, seems very unlikely.
I went back and checked the timer setting and it showed a duration of 67 mins.

Any ideas? I have 2 other timer settings for the same show, but now i can't trust the timer function.

Thank You ;)

Oh, the box wasn't being streamed to a laptop or any other recording at the time.
No tuners were occupied....

fizzz33

Vu+ Newbie
Is your HDD mount set to media/hdd. I had similar issues untill I set the hard drive on this setting in Devices Manager

Dani

Vu+ Newbie
i will check... i'd be surprised if it wasn't, its made many successful recordings via the RC ;)

redsox

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all again.

For the first time i used the EPG / Similar function.
Was watching a show i really wanted to record and did the following.

Hit EPG / Red Button (for Similar) / Green Button (Add Timer) / Green again (OK)

All seemed straight forward, very easy..... I selected 3 events to record.

Last night the first event was executed, woke up today and checked in "Timer" and said "Done"

Went to Player (Enhanced Movie Center) and the recording is listed.
But nothing plays and the recording duration shows 00:53 seconds.

Can someone pls tell me if the Vu needs to be left on the correct channel for a timer recording to take place, seems very unlikely.
I went back and checked the timer setting and it showed a duration of 67 mins.

Any ideas? I have 2 other timer settings for the same show, but now i can't trust the timer function.

Thank You ;)

Oh, the box wasn't being streamed to a laptop or any other recording at the time.
No tuners were occupied....

I am having similar issues with my VU+duo , 1tb hard drive is mounted to media/hdd and is initialized, in fact "on the spot " recordings work fine. I am using BH 1.76 and simply haven't yet managed to make a timer recording work , it shows that it is doing so but simply doesn't record. Am I doing something stupid??