Total Newbie Q: Uno SE won't change channels

Skochxx

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I recently bought a new house, and a VU+ UNO 4K SE was left by the previous owner. The unit worked fine for a few months, but now the receiver is stuck on one channel and won't respond to the remote control.

I've tried changing the batteries in the remote - no luck - and resetting the power on the unit itself - also no luck-

When I press any button on the remote, I can see a white light flashing on the receiver, but nothing happens and the same channel remains in view.

Nothing else works, EPG, menu etc

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!

Mick12334

Try logging in from your PC, just type the receivers allocated IP Address, into a browser, on your PC, and try the virtual remote on Openwebif.

If you don't know your receivers allocated IP address try using the DCC, Dreambox Control Centre, which can scan your network and find your receivers IP address.

As mentioned above you can always flash a new image, like OpenBh.

Skochxx

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your help so far.

I've managed to flash an image ( I think that's what it's called) of BlackHole onto the VU+ box and it seems to be working fine for the moment.

The problem now is that a scan, either automatic or manual, only brings up 70 odd channels, non of which are included in the subscription service I have.

When I hit the blue button, I can see the Common Interface card, and all the pertinent information on it, but for whatever reason the satellite scans are not "seeing" any of the channels I'm interested in.

Thanks again for any help you guys can give me.

Skochxx

Vu+ Newbie
astra 3b 23.5 East

For whatever reason I can't see any channels on that sat.

I've already tried setting the tuner to that satellite, but when I do a scan nothing comes up. I can get a few channels off Astra 1KR at 19.2East, but nothing like the full list that should be on there.

Mick12334

When pointing your dish, at 23.5E, try doing a blind scan and post some of the channel names, and frequencies.
23.5E beams a very strong signal, at most of Europe, which can be picked up with a small dish, so either you're dish isn't pointing, at 23.5E, or you're not scanning in the correct transponders:
Code:
https://www.lyngsat-maps.com/footprints/Astra-3B-Europe-Wide.html
Code:
https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-3B.html

Skochxx

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mick, and thanks again.

I don't think that the signal strength should be an issue. I have another (simpler) sat receiver in the house and there's no problem there receiving both the 23.5E and 19.2E sats.

Up at the satellite dish there's a duo LNB with 2 outputs, the 2 outputs going to the 2 receivers, obviously.

I've tried to set up the tuners as tuner A on 23.5E and tuner B on 19.2.

I don't see any option for doing a blind scan, but if I try a manual scan on 23.5E I get the following channels as a result:

Das Erste
BR Fernsehen Sud
hr-fernsehen
BR-Fernsehen Nord
WDR Koln
SWR Fernsehen BW

Not sure of the frequencies.

Mick12334

Those channels are on Astra 1, 19.2E.
If you have a duo LNB, which is 1 LNB, with 2 outputs, then your dish is pointing at 19.2E, and just selecting 23.5E will not allow you to receive those channels.
Unless you have a Monobloc LNB, which can pick up two satellites, or 2 separate LNB's, to get 23.5E, and 19.2E, or a motorized dish, then you will not receive 23.5E unless you move the dish slightly. As 23.5E, and 19.2E, are very close together, you would need 2 very slim LNB's, to fit side, by side, known as bullet LNB's.
Can you please take a picture, of your dish/LNB and upload it to the forum?

Skochxx

Vu+ Newbie
This is what I've got. As I said, the other receiver we have in the house has channels from both 19.2 and 23.5, so the signal is being received by the dish.

Also, before all this trouble started, I did have reception of both sats on the VU+ box, but the box was frozen for whatever reason and the channels wouldn't change. This was the original problem.

So basically the signal from both sats should be coming into to the VU+ box, but for whatever reason the receiver can't see the 23.5E satellite, and only picks up a few channels from 19.2E

Mick12334

That looks like a Monobloc LNB.
How have you set up your tuner?
Please post your Tuner settings, you can find thm under Menu,Setup, Tuners and Scanning, Tuner Setup.
To check the problem isn't a hardware one you could test your other receiver, on the Uno 4K cable, if that can receive both Astra q, 19.2E, and Astra 3, 23.5E, then it's a simple matter of setting your VU+ Uno 4K tuner to Diseqc 1.1, or simple Diseqc A/B, settings.

Last edited:

Skochxx

Vu+ Newbie
I have the following setup as far as the tuners are concerned:

Tuner A: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(4530X FBC) (DVB-S2X)
FBC socket 1 / DiSEqC A/B
Sats: 23.5 Astra 3B

TunerB: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(4530X FBC) (DVB-S2X)
not configured
FBC socket 2

I have no idea how to set Diseqc settings. The only thing I've been able to find on that is when I select Tuner Q, and then I can set "mode" to diseqc a/b or diseqc a/b/c/d, positioner, or toneburst.

There's also an auto diseqc option using the yellow button, and i've tried that several times but no effect.

AlexWilMac

How did you set the DiSEqC commands for the two satellites? I bet it's set wrong at the moment.
You did not report the DiSEqC commands: one sat must be Port A (AA) and the other Port B (AB).
If you had installed OpenBlasckHole, instead of the no longer developed BH, you would have an automatic DiSEqC selection by the image itself.
Usually, the LNB on the right is Port AA (or input 1, for OBH, which is much more clear at setting DiSEqC commands) and the other is AB, that means input 2); but is not always so.
And, please, avoid any autosettings otherwise you won't be able to learn anything about the setup of your decoder and, also, you may introduce further issues.

Skochxx

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, I set Tuner A to Astra 1 19.2E and tuner B to astra 3, 23.5E.

Only 6 channels found on Tuner A, nothing found on Tuner B

AlexWilMac, thank you for your message. As I put in my first posting, I'm an absolute noob at this and I just followed the advice that was given. So I apologise if I've put the wrong BLackHole image on the box.

I have no idea how tto set the DiseqC commands, I hit the yellow Auto Diseqc button while setting up the Tuners, that's all I know

I have no idea how to report Diseqc commands either, so apologies again for my lack of knowledge.

I've had a look around the menus in the tuner setup, and can't see anything that resembles Diseqc Commands.

Skochxx

Vu+ Newbie
BTW, I just had a look around in the menu, and under Menu - Information - About I can see that I have Open Black Hole installled, Image 4.4.023 installed

AlexWilMac

That's why you have the autodiseqc ;) BH is not wrong: is no longer developed and we advice to use OBH. OBH 4.4. is not the last one but is good enough.
You need also to set, for each tuner, a different LNB number: so, you can choice for instance Tuner A as LNB1 and Tuner B as LNB2.

If you'll post the complete tuner configuration, we can have all the infos needed. Please: look for your box IP address under
MENU/Information/Network (like in the picture I attach) and the use your IP into a browser: for instance, in my case the IP is 192.168.100.222 and you'll type

192.168.100.222/grab

after, of course, recalling the menu with your Tuner A and then Tuner B configuration.
Such images in your browser can be save as every other pictures from a website (right click on the picture and save it..)

That's why you are missing many infos by text. We need the whole setup.

Attachments

• Network_info.jpg
    Network_info.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: