Transcoding on WiFi Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

en8jd

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Vu+ Duo2 with 1x double DVB-S tuner and a 2GB harddisk. I have flashed the latest bootloader and VTi image. I usually watch Telesat (Belgian provider) using Hypercam and a Smartcard inserted directly in the card reader (without physical CAM module). I am verry happy with the Vu+ box up to now and I have been positively surprised to see how easy the setup was. I was expecting things to be a lot harder with nasty Linux command lines but I did not need any...

So here is my first post (and issue). It is probably a fairly basic question for the experts so I hope that you will be able to help. My Vu+ box is connected to my WiFi router via a repeater. It is successfully connected to the internet and visible on the network. I would like to watch programs on an iPad connected to the same WiFi network using the Vu+ Player HD app of the iPad. This works perfectly when I am sitting close to the Vu+ box, but freezes as soon as I am out-of-range of the Vu+ WiFi signal, even the WiFi signal from the router/repeater is very good on the iPad. It seems that the Program is only broadcasted by the box itself, but does not find its way through the WiFi network to be broadcasted via the other network components (WiFi router and/or repeater).
Is this is a limitation of the system (which would make the whole feature pretty useless if you have to stay within the limited range of the box) or is there a solution to broadcast in the complete house using the WiFi network?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Vu+ Duo2 with 1x double DVB-S tuner and a 2GB harddisk. I have flashed the latest bootloader and VTi image. I usually watch Telesat (Belgian provider) using Hypercam and a Smartcard inserted directly in the card reader (without physical CAM module). I am verry happy with the Vu+ box up to now and I have been positively surprised to see how easy the setup was. I was expecting things to be a lot harder with nasty Linux command lines but I did not need any...

So here is my first post (and issue). It is probably a fairly basic question for the experts so I hope that you will be able to help. My Vu+ box is connected to my WiFi router via a repeater. It is successfully connected to the internet and visible on the network. I would like to watch programs on an iPad connected to the same WiFi network using the Vu+ Player HD app of the iPad. This works perfectly when I am sitting close to the Vu+ box, but freezes as soon as I am out-of-range of the Vu+ WiFi signal, even the WiFi signal from the router/repeater is very good on the iPad. It seems that the Program is only broadcasted by the box itself, but does not find its way through the WiFi network to be broadcasted via the other network components (WiFi router and/or repeater).
Is this is a limitation of the system (which would make the whole feature pretty useless if you have to stay within the limited range of the box) or is there a solution to broadcast in the complete house using the WiFi network?

Thanks in advance for your help.

It's very nice that you haven't read our Board rules.
Take some time to read it: you now have a week to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back