This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020. The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost. We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years. You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.

transportation

Satlawman

Vu+ Newbie
i am using a vu solo 2 and blackhole.

i have set up the usb mounted to universe so i can use the parellel universe but i am struggling to understand what i do next or what the point is...can someone explain what this is all for
 
About Parallel Universes feature​
"The history of Black Hole 1.7.4 begins one night when I was watching a movie​
documentary on Pixar.​
I got the strange idea to try to reverse the traditional pattern logical:​
new technical possibilities -> new implementation in the firmware.​
And try to think of a new implementation from the perspective of the history of our name and image.​
Look to our software as the metaphor of a small world from the angle of the black hole."​
Following the logic used by meo (the visionary meo), we will introduce the new implementation​
"Parallel Universes" of Black Hole 1.7.4 using two different criteria: Explanation metaphorical​
and technical explanation.​
1) Human metaphorical.​
"Dear Black Hole users.​
We started this journey together long ago in our Black Hole world​
exploring together all the potential and all the possibilities that we have​
to exploit.​
We went deeper and deeper and now we are near the core of our small world.​
And the horizon suddenly opens and multiplies and we find it hard to keep​
orientation. It seems that our space and reality double's itself once and then once again.​
In each space we have all our things and we discover that we can move from one space to another​
making minor changes to each".​
Imagine for a moment that the Black Hole firmware is our little world in which we move​
and we use our things.​
We install our favourite plugins, our skins, our hidden software, and we​
prepare our beautiful channels list with our favourite bouquets.​
Now imagine that without having to install another image, we can enter another world,​
being able to restart our universe, we have the possibility of access to parallel dimensions.​
Imagine 4 dimensions (or universes) and imagine we assign these names to identify:​
1) Black Hole​
2) Avalon​
3) Chaos​
4) Ghost​
When we install the image we are in in the Black Hole universe, we have the default plugins,​
the default skin, no strange or forbidden software and no channels list.​
In addition, our world is physically limited to the size of the flash in which we reside that can​
be really small in some boxes like the Vu+ solo.​
Now imagine that we have the exact same things in all four dimensions at the time of​
creation of our world with the only difference that the other dimensions being able to reside on a​
different space (USB stick) are much larger and offer us the opportunity to take advantage of universes​
of many Gigabytes. Also the other dimensions, being a projection of our starting size,​
not occupy any space at all leaving the field free for our things.​
Imagine you can jump easily and at will from one dimension to another without complicated​
operations and in very little time.​
How do we organize the worlds?​
Simply based on our needs.​
Imagine extending our parallel universes in an 8 Gigabyte usb stick.​
We also keep in mind that if we start the box without the usb stick, the parallel dimensions on which they​
reside will disappear and leave only our "Black Hole" base image.​
Our universes all start from our Black Hole, but we can make small changes in each​
without affecting the others.​
If I am simply a user that owned a Vu+ Solo and I just want to be able to have extra space to fill my image with​
many skins many plugins and add-on software, I will leave blank the base Black Hole and I will choose to​
live entirely within the single "Avalon" dimension in order to have available all 8 Gigabytes of my world for​
the fun to add whatever I want.​
If I am a crafty user, using the box to watch TV in the evening with family (and maybe with small children)​
and do not want in the channel list the bouquets for adults or in plugins like youporn and so on,​
I will be able to configure the "Black Hole" universe, with the channel list and plugins without any comprimise​
(no bouquets or plugins for adults) and only use this universe for the family use of the box.​
At the same time I can configure the "Ghost" universe with all the bouquets and plugins (adult) that I like. I can then​
move from one universe to another depending on if I am using the box alone or with my family.​
If I am a paranoid user and I want to install in the box software that I do not want to be accessible to others.​
I would install all my private applications in the "Ghost" universe and I will unplug my usb stick when I turn off​
the box in order to eliminate any physical trace of all the files that I do not want to be accessible to anyone else.​
Anyone could then power on the box, but will only find the simple base Black Hole image.​
Finally, if I am an advanced user that likes to install and test all plugins conceivable and perhaps​
also try to code my own applications but I use the box for the usual watching TV with the family and I don't want to​
risk comprimising the basic image, I will install everything I need in the base "Black Hole" dimension for normal​
household use and have fun jumping in the dimension "Chaos" where I will be able 'to install everything I want and​
do all the experiments possible without risk of damaging the basic image normally used.​
2) Technical explanation.​
The new implementation present in the Black Hole 1.7.4 from a technical point of view exploits the ability of Linux​
to merge into a single file system different directories, assigning priorities to one or other, and allowing​
to modify "on fly" their attributes.​
Combining all these possibilities, it is possible to use different settings and directories while remaining in one​
image.​
Technically inside there is not a multiple installation or duplicated .​
It is only noted that the contents differ depending on whether there is moving in one branch or in another.​
Combining all the changes you get the effect of having one image but with 4 "different contexts".​
In each context (what we called metaphorically dimension or universe) we can install our plugins, our settings and our​
software and anything else we want: In another context we can install different things.​
At the beginning the contexts are all equal because they are a projection of the image just installed.​
But all the changes we make in each context after installation, are individual and non of them are not reflected in the​
others.​
The real novelty of it all lies in the idea and approach adopted by meo, to get to this new way to exploit the​
potential of our beloved boxes.​
Appendix: Black Hole laws of physics.​
Brief notes on the theory of parallel universes of the Black Hole.​
To move smoothly between different parallel universes and understand the principles that regulate the interactions​
We need to mention briefly some principles of physical laws that apply in our Black Hole.​
1) Theory of the prevalence of the array.​
We have seen that our universes consist of an array native (Black Hole) which resides in a space​
unique and separate and three other parallel universes (Avalon Chaos and Ghost) that share the same space.​
We have seen that the parallel universes are all on the same level but completely independent of one another.​
Everything that happens in one of the parallel universes does not affect others and not even influence the matrix (Black Hole).​
We can then say that all parallel universes work the same way but are completely independent.​
However there is a fundamental difference between the original matrix (Black Hole) and the other parallel universes.​
Since all parallel universes are a projection of the original matrix, what is happening in the array can​
influence the parallel universes in so far as these are not yet changed.​
In other words, on an equal footing the matrix reality prevails on parallel worlds.​
For example: If I install the skin XX in the Black Hole Universe (original array) and I already installed skin XX​
in the Unvierse Avalon, they do not interfere in any way with each other and the changes made in 1 Universe or another​
are independent. But if I install the skin YY in the Black Hole (original array) and I never installed the skins YY in Avalon it​
will appear automatically in Avalon.​
So if something is created or added in the original array and it does not yet exist in the Parallel Universe the same thing will​
be automatically exported into the Parallel Universes.​
This happens because it is the initial matrix that creates the reality and projects it in all parallel universes which​
follow their path and can then be modified at will.​
2) Theory of the effects of Big Bang in the Black Hole.​
As we have explained many times, the parallel universes of the Black Hole are "projections" of the main matrix.​
In practice they are created from the array as their extensions (parallel dimensions) at the time of the Big Bang and​
at a time when the whole mass of all universes implode and then re-merge.​
We can therefore say that the Big Bang is composed of two stages:​
-implosion: concentration of all universes in the same mass.​
-explosion: expansion of mass and size projection.​
From all this it follows that at the time of the Big Bang all parallel universes implode when they touch and go to merge​
within the original Matrix (Black Hole). It was completely destroyed and then reabsorbed (cease to exist).​
Then the moment of explosion parallel universes are recreated but are completely new, i.e Startto exist as well as projections (simple copies)​
of the original matrix.So if you want to create a Black Hole Big Bang Universe, remember that you must first be on the safe Original matrix (Black Hole)​
or you'll be destroyed along with parallel universes. And remember that all your data in parallel universes will also be destroyed and lost.​
using search button on this forum doesn't hurt at all
 
Back
Top