Tuner Config Tutorial For Motor Dish setup

levi

On my solo2 i am using tuner B main tuner, so this tutorials for my settings.
First install latest ready settings to your stb, so you dont have to do manual channel searching, coz manual searching takes long time.
You can setup your tuner to ways easy way is using usal setting on and if u are more have experience use tuning sat manualy this way you can fine tune.
Now i am going to show you manual tuning satellite.
Press manu/setup/servis searching/tuner configuration/sellect tuner B/Choose advanced and sellect the sattelite you want to tune in in my case 28.2 sellect lnb1/sellect diseqc mode 1.2
screenshot.jpg
On second page of reception settings sellect no to use usals for this sat.
Here is the important give the number to stored position dont for get the number.
In futere every time you chance image if you dont buckup your setting you need to enter that numbers back again so you dont have to do it tuning all over again.
I have give number 4 you can put any number.
screenshot.jpg
Then press ok and exit.
Sellect positioner setup you can move your dish West via Red or sarch to West via Green search to East via Yellow or Blue to move to the East.
On my screanshot you can see my signal and left buttom corner locked, that means sattelite is locked.
You find the signal now on positioner storage give that same number we have given stored poition on reception setting my one is number 4
Than when you on positioner storage 4 make sure u press green (store position) least 2 time so you save your settings.
screenshot.jpg
And after that just exit.
Now press down arrow button on your remote then green sellect your satellite services (my one is 28.2 )
screenshot.jpg
And sellect you channel you are done ;)

Giorgos

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Levi,

I have a Solo2 and for some time now I have been trying to configure Tuner A and B so that I can watch a channel from Tuner A and record from Tuner B but without much success.

Having studied your solution and tutorial I tried it on my Solo2 but without much sucess, mainly because my knowledge on Satellites is very much limited.

Below is my current configuration. Do you think you can let me have some step by step instructions how to reconfigure my Solo2 so that I can watch from one Tuner (say A) and record from another Tuner (say B) please?

SOLO2 Connection:

1. My connection from Solo2, LNB1 goes to motor and then to LNB port 1 on the dish (motorised LNB port1)
2. My connection from solo2, LNB2 goes directly to LNB port 2 on the dish.

My Tuner configuration is as follows:

1. Tuner A: Positioner: USALS
2. Tuner B: Second cable of motorized LNB Tuner A:

With the above connections and setup I can tune to any satellite using Tuner A only.

Your help will certainly be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Giorgos

sheik

Vu+ Newbie
thanks for your help
i am having a difficulty in setting up the tuner when i go onto tun er advanced .it is giving me all satellites instead individual satellites like 28 degrees and its is giving me lnb 33 .can some body help me please
i cant seem to get the tuner setting for individual satellite
your help is much appreciated

many thanks
sheik

Hish

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, all set and when i go to positioner setup to search for sat signal, all my serach come up with nothing !!!! Couldnt find signal for any sat even though my dish is at the right orbit arch and nothing wrong !!! Do you have any idea?

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi, all set and when i go to positioner setup to search for sat signal, all my serach come up with nothing !!!! Couldnt find signal for any sat even though my dish is at the right orbit arch and nothing wrong !!! Do you have any idea?

It does not give enough information
that someone could help.

1.Receiver ?
2. antenna?
3 .LNB ?
4. motor or diseqc
5. Configuration used ?

Hish

Vu+ Newbie
My receiver is vuplus solo, and i have hh diseqc positioner, single LNB , now i can receive signal from nile sat, but when i go positioner setup to look for another sat i find no signal.

I tried to search but couldn't find anything.

We can forget my set up, if you have vuplus receiver and hh diseqc positioner , could you please send me you a photo of your tuner A setup and the positioner setup? I would appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Matrix10

Administrator
You have to put for your position Longitude and Latitude.

You can use this website
A good site with information for the different motorized systems.

http://www.dishpointer.com/

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:

Hish

Vu+ Newbie
I changed the numbers of positioner in tune settings , i lost the nile sat( and couldnt receive any other sat!!! Even though i have the same settings you have in your setup!!!!

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not know how you have mechanically adjust your antenna.
It must be very precise.
You set first mechanically your antenna on so-called zero satellite for your position,
enter information for your position in tuner setup
and then pretend test and fine-tuning.

Hish

Vu+ Newbie
I managed to setup the tuner correctly)
Could you please help me trying to update my satellites list? I lost all but nilesat , how can find sat list ? Or how to download it from?
Best regards,

sheik

Vu+ Newbie
hi
i am getting an all satellites instead of individual satellite and i cant seem to scan any individual satellite .can somebody please help me

Thanks
Sheik

ixusas

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone,
I have questions about motorized dish. The problem is that the motor does not rotate dish automatically when selected channels from other satellites. It
works only when I manually select the required satellite. I was hoping that when selecting channels from favourites/bouquets, that are on the different satelites motor shout rotate the dish. Instead, there appears the flashing satellite sign in the right corner at the top, but rotor doesn't rotate dish to the different sattelite.
I use Black Hole 2.0.1.Rev.A.VU.Solo2
My setup is:
Vu+ solo2
Selfsat Stab HH90 rotor
Selfsat flat dish
DiSEqC 1.2, USALS
1. My connection from Solo2, LNB1 goes to motor and then to LNB port 1 on the dish (motorised LNB port1)
Coordinates are set correct, USALS works without problems. Finds all satellites which as you have configured. But the motor rotates only through
the Black Hole Main Menu -> Control->Channel Search-> search for satellites. After I choose sattelite, rotor points dish to the right sattelite, no problems.
But every time I want to watch channels from different sattelites, I need to do it through the main BH menu. As I understand when I choose a channel from another satellite motor should be able automatically point the antenna to the corresponding sattelite. And now need to do it manually by going to the Black Hole the main menu -> ... -> search for satellites.
Any ideas what could be wrong?

paolino

Vu+ User+++

No, wrong connection. I think, that the best for you is:

1. Your connection from Solo2, LNB2 (Tuner B) goes to motor and then to LNB port on the dish (motorised LNB port1)
2. Tuner A - loopthrough to Tuner B.

Lark

Vu+ Newbie
One friend of mine has just bought a VU+Solo2, and I am going to help him in the start.
Both of us have a big dishes, and for that reason has connected the motor(s) to a V2-box(es).

Is it possible to make a favourite list for each satellite we want to receive separate from the V2-box?

At the moment I have 2 STB-s working seperate from the V2-box. I just give the right position to the V2-box (with my hand set) and it works all fine, and the next I go to the favourite-list for that satellite. This has worked troublefree for many years with easy adjustment less than 0.1 degree.

Regards

Matrix10

Administrator
Yes it is possible.
You can use ready-made SAT list
Or make your own
Look on the forum and net for DreamBoxEdit or Dreamset software.

And there are some other possibilities
such as a plugin/addon or making directly with the remote .
But for large lists the best is found list on the net which you like
and edit for your needs with dreamboxedit.

Example > @likra and @Vhanibal sat lists.

Here we came a little out of this thread
Pls ask the following questions in the appropriate forum section,
we have for the SAT settings.

Last edited:

Lark

Vu+ Newbie
Yes it is possible.
You can use ready-made SAT list
Or make your own
Look on the forum and net for DreamBoxEdit or Dreamset software.

And there are some other possibilities
such as a plugin/addon or making directly with the remote .
But for large lists the best is found list on the net which you like
and edit for your needs with dreamboxedit.

Example > @likra and @Vhanibal sat lists.

Here we came a little out of this thread
Pls ask the following questions in the appropriate forum section,
we have for the SAT settings.

My friend has just received the VU+Solo2, and it's great box but----.
The box has usuals installed, and this made a lot of trouble. He has a motor(V2-box) with no connection to the STB, but it doesn't work together with the VU+ Solo2---? We didn't find any solution to the problem.

My question is if VU+ Duo2 can be separate from the motor with a V2-box, as I have with my two STB's(an old IPbox 9000 and TM5402 M2). Yes, I myself want to buy a Duo2.

Regards