Tuner configuration problem

Panc88

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a VU + Uno (my first Linux-based STB) and being a Ubuntu user for many years I cannot wait to begin to shape it to my needs.
My ambitions abruptly met though with a tuner configuration problem.
I begin to describe my setup (forgive any inaccuracy): on the roof of the building there are 2 dishes, one with a single LNB (13 E) leading down to the multiswitch on my floor, a second with dual feed 19.2E and 23.5E, both cables leading to the same multiswitch, from which a single cable carries the signal to the decoder. On my old receiver MVision HD300 the tuner is configured as a diseqc A on 13E, diseqc C on 19.2E and diseqc D on 23.5E and and all channels are found. If I use the same settings on the UNO, non-advanced mode, everything ok for 13E and 19.2 E, but I found only about 14 channels on a single transponder on 23.5E. What do I do wrong?

alikhavari

Vu+ User
Dear friend,
The problem is not from your side. please update yout STB with this file :

Sticky​

Then use the latest XML file. this file introduces the most recent satellites and frecuenies to your STB.
This file must be copied into /etc/tuxbux and rewrite in the existing file

alikhavari

Vu+ User
Dear friend,

Sticky​

Then use the latest XML file. this file introduces the most recent satellites and frecuenies to your STB.

This is your satellite XML file.

Panc88

Vu+ Newbie
Dear friend,

This is your satellite XML file.

Many thanks, since FPGA upgrade was the first thing i did before installing the latest BH image, i guess, my problem is in the xml file.
One further question, I downloaded and installed Vhannibal settings, isn't this way the satellites.xml file automatically upgraded to the latest version?

dalraist

Vu+ User+++
Many thanks, since FPGA upgrade was the first thing i did before installing the latest BH image, i guess, my problem is in the xml file.
One further question, I downloaded and installed Vhannibal settings, isn't this way the satellites.xml file automatically upgraded to the latest version?
In Vhannibal settings should be present an updated version of satellites.xml

Panc88

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks I will give it a try tonight and I will let you know if I solved... In some other post I read that I should also upgrade the tuner drivers, what do you think?

Panc88

Vu+ Newbie
Ok so I updated the drivers to the last available version for the UNO and now I am able to see all of the channels on all my satellites.
There is still a really minor issue though. When I switch from a hot bird 13 channel to a Astra 23.5 channel the channel is blank, then it is enough to switch to the next 23.5 channel and all of the others come to life. Why is that happening?
Eventually I used a simple tuner configuration with diseqc a on 13, b on 19.2, c not assigned, d 23.5 and both tone option and send diseqc only on satellite change enabled.
As I said, no big deal but I am sure it can be fixed, can't it?
Many thanks to everyone for your help so far