Tuner Configuration

Peitacas

Vu+ Newbie
Hey there,

something strange happened with my configurations. everything was working fine, with 3.0.5 and since few days that my hispasat channels were not working. As I was traveling was not able to help my wife, so today tried to understand what happened and I found out that on the tuner configuration I can only select 2 satellites, Hotbird 13º and Astra 19º. No other satellite is listed.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks
Peitacas

Mick12334

Please provide more information.
Is this a motorized system, or a fixed dish system.
How have you got the tuners configured?

Peitacas

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mick12334

I think that is irrelevant because what i am saying is that there is only 2 options available on the "dropdown" menu. On my other Vu (Solo SE) I can see all satellites. Anyway:

it is a fixed system, with 2 dishes:

1 - Hotbird 13º and Astra 19,2
2 - Hispasat 30º

I have the diseqC configured A/B/C/D and the following on the ports:

A- Hotbird
B- Astra
C- not configured
D- not configured (and here when try to select the satellite I have only 2 options, Hotbird 13º and Astra 19,2º

thanks for your help
Peitacas

Mick12334

Have you checked that your satellites.xml file hasn't become corrupted?
Do you have Black Hole 3.0.5 or Open Black Hole 4.1 installed?
Are you using Diseqc switches, for separate LNB's, for 13E & 19.2E, or a 6 degree monoblock?
Are you using the Simple tuner configuration or the Advanced options?
Are you using both tuners, or just one tuner?

Peitacas

Vu+ Newbie
i am using black hole 3.0.5. using a diseqc switch and simple configuration. just using 1 tuner. It was working last weekend :) mid week my wife called me because Hispasat channels were not working anymore.

Let me double check Satellites xml file.

Peitacas

Vu+ Newbie
you are the best Mick12334!!!

satellites.xml was missing Hispasat 30º (not sure what might happen because it was working perfectly).

Fixed it and all good now.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards
Peitacas

Tururu

BH Lover
@Peitacas
Congratulations.
Be careful when updating channel lists and the satellites.xml file that you have.
The receiver saves the memory configuration (Enigma2 / linux), to save it to a file, restart the GUI and then completely re-enter the receiver.

If this is not done, while the receiver does not turn off, all ok, when switching on we will have the problems mentioned.
Losing configuration of the tuner, change in the satellite relationship.
----------
Felicidades.
Cuidado al actualizar listas de canales y el fichero satellites.xml que tiene.
El receptor salva la configuracion a memoria (Enigma2/linux), para que se salve a fichero, reiniciar GUI y luego reinia completamente el receptor.

Si esto no se hace, mientas no se apaque el receptor, todo ok, al encender tendremos los problemas comentados.
Perder configuracion de los tuner, cambio en la relacion de satelites.