Tuner problem on 4 satellite system.

Lateron

Vu+ Newbie
I have read most of the posts about this subject but still cannot find my answers.

On my 2 dish, 4 satellite setup using 4 twin LNB´s and two 4 port DiSEqC switches I can only record on 2 satellites at a time on my Vu+ Duo twin tuner receiver with Black Hole 2.0.9.1 image installed. I expected to be able to record on all 4 satellites at the same time.

I have tried both simple and advanced configurations (with DiSEqC 1.0 ) with the same results. I have reversed cables and have tried it with only one cable connected.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Can someone please tell me what is going on and suggest what I should do to correct things?

The DiSEqC switches are: Gi B401 4x1 DiSEqC switch (DiSEqC 2.0 )and the LNB´s are:
Best Universal Twin LNBF Typ 0.1 HD3D 202​

... and two 4 port DiSEqC switches I can only record on 2 satellites at a time...

Technically impossible. Diseqc switch can switch only to one input at time. You need 4 quad LNB's, 4 Diseqc switches, and 4 (four) tuners to do it.
(for example Vu+ Duo2 with 2 twin DVB-S2 tuners)

Technically impossible. Diseqc switch can switch only to one input at time. You need 4 quad LNB's, 4 Diseqc switches, and 4 (four) tuners to do it.
(for example Vu+ Duo2 with 2 twin DVB-S2 tuners)
Thanks for that. It clears up a lot. I really thought that a 4-way Diseqc switch was a multi-switch which could create (in this case) 4 paths, one for each port. Apparently I was wrong. I should have read up on Diseqc switches before asking the question.
Thanks again.

Back