Tuning failed

fata10

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I have two dishes with two LNBs each and one DiSEqC 4/1 switch.

Dish 1 has Thor and Astra 4E and dish 2 has Hotbird 13 and Astra 19.2. My problem is that when I switch between Hotbird and Thor or Astra 4E I receive an error stating that "Tuning failed".

I have tried every configuration that exists in the menu in order to configurate the satellite. I have a VU+ Solo 2SE.

Need help, thanks

Fata

Possibly a faulty Diseqc switch, but first check all your LNB's, and cabling. if possible run a cable directly from each LNB, to the VU+ Solo 2, and check they all work.
You should only need the simple setup option using Diseqc A, B, C and D.
Are all your LNB's single, or are you using a 6 degree monoblock?

Possibly a faulty Diseqc switch, but first check all your LNB's, and cabling. if possible run a cable directly from each LNB, to the VU+ Solo 2, and check they all work.
You should only need the simple setup option using Diseqc A, B, C and D.
Are all your LNB's single, or are you using a 6 degree monoblock?

I have switched out all my LNBs and my Diseqc. It didn't help.

I don't know if the LNBs are 6 degree. I paid a technician to come here and adjust the signal... Still doesn't work (tuning error).

In simple setup, there is a question "Do you want to use Diseqc to change the satellite?" what should I choose?

Thanks for your reply :-)

A 6 degree monoblock is 2 LNB's, joined together, with a single output, designed specifically for 2 satellites about 6 degrees apart, like 13E and 19.2E.

Your settings should be:
Configuration Mode Simple
Mode DISEqC A/B/C/D
Port A set to corresponding LNB, in the DISEqC switch, e.g. 19.2E
Port B set to corresponding LNB, in the DISEqC switch, e.g. 13E
Port C as above for third satellite
Port D as above for fourth satellite
Set voltage and 22KHz Yes
Send DISEqC only on satellite change No

You mention 19.2E, 13E, Thor, which is 0.8W, and Astra 4E, can you please explain which satellite this is?

No i have 2 dishes wiht 4 singel LNB
Astar 4.8E
i put Thor in port A on Diseqc and Astar 4.8E in port B and Hotbaird 13.0 in port C and 19.2.E in port D

Back