This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020. The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost. We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years. You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.

TV turning on by itself

I hope this is the right section.

I suspect it has something to do with the HDMI-CEC plugin, but I am not 100% sure (so far didn't happen after disabling it).
It normally turns on within one minute after i turned off the receiver.
It was not happening until a few days ago, but I don't know what changed.
Do you know of any option that might cause that?
 
The simplest solution seems to disable the CEC protocol on the connected HDMI port of the TV set (through the TV's menu), obviously if you don't need to turn on/off the TV from the Vu+.
 
My tv were turning on only at time when epg were set to be updated. Changed time on that and now is Ok.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
 
Does receiver turns on aswell as tv?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
No, I turn off the receiver and the TV goes off. A few seconds later only the TV turns on again.
If I disable cec plugin it doesn't happen.

But indeed i downloaded the EPG updater a couple of days ago and it started I suppose however the update should be between 1 and 6 a.m. so I see no point in this behavior at 8 p.m.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
Change the hdmi port on back of tv or:Turn power off completely by removing power socket,then plug the devices one by one.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
 
Google for hdmi cec handshake. Could need resetting. The hdmi cables are they ver 1.4?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top