two dish one box help

fullmonty

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I would like to know if this would work
I want to use my motor dish and sky dish on the same Rx (Downstairs)
My set up is 80cm dish
Twin Lnb
Sky dish
2x solo2 one box is in my
bedroom
I have got two cables from the twin Lnb and sky Lnb running in the box Downstairs but the dish is not moving. In turn the one upstairs off.
Do I need a switch from the Lnb on the motor dish 1st to make it turn using the on Downstairs
Thanks

Can you please explain your setup, in more detail.
Do you have one cable, from your twin LNB, going to your Solo 2, downstairs, and one connected to your Solo 2 upstairs?
One cable, on your motorized dish, will run from the LNB, to the motor, and then to your receiver, this is the one that controls the dish.
You cannot control the motor, from the second cable, as this one doesn't connect from the LNB to the motor.
Find out which cable runs from your motor then set up the tuner accordingly.
For example, Tuner A, simple setup, positioner, enter the Latitude, and Longitude, then try moving your motor.
Run the cable from your sky dish, to Tuner B, then set this up as simple, single dish, Astra 2 28.2E.
If you are trying to run a more complex system, using Diseqc switches, to run both dishes form each tuner, please post back with the details.

Thanks Mick for getting back to me
That's right I'm try to run each cable in each room.
The Lnb from port 1 on the motor is going to upstairs. So I can't control the one downstairs but I would like to run both if possible
If I need a 2x1 Diseqc switch which would you recommend?
Thanks for your help

Forget it.
Use just one receiver, to control the motor. If downstairs, and you want to move the dish, use openwebif, to control the receiver upstairs.
Most people would have the motor connected to the receiver downstairs, as it is the most used, but either way openwebif is a good option, for controlling a receiver using your network, and from outside the home, once set up correctly.
Just type in your receivers IP address, into an internet browser.

Back