Two little (minor) graphic bugs

AlexWilMac

It's been a while I wanted to post about two minor issues affecting graphic.
Surely they are not terrible not they cause crashes.

1) If you copy in your movie folder an external file, it should have no channel picon, of course. And it is so if you enter the Rec list.
But then, if you scroll up or down the rec list, when you get over it and this highlight it, it gets the channel picon of the immediately previously highlighted recording.
And this also change if you scroll the list the opposite direction.

2) This was discussed about a year ago but, at the time, it affected only my Solo4K, not also the Duo2. Now affects both.
If you scroll down the Addons sections, a message stays visible on top of the list, partially overwritten by the name of the first section itself.

As I said, they are not annoying or cause of crash, but...
Well, maybe as 5000th message I could do better.... ;)

AlexWilMac

Strange! I was sure I had attached my screens! Here they are...
In Issue1 the external file gets the icon from the above file in the rec list because I scrolled down.
In Issue1b it gets the icon from the below file because I scrolled up.

Issue2 the other one.

Attachments

• Graphic-Issue1.jpg
    Graphic-Issue1.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Graphic-Issue1b.jpg
    Graphic-Issue1b.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Graphic-Issue2.jpg
    Graphic-Issue2.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 26

Matrix10

Administrator
The first bug is related to coding within the image (movie list) and cannot be fixed with skin coding.
It exists in other images based on that GIT and default orginal SD skin.

Second bug is related to the skin coding and probably a change in image coding in the past.
If I remember correctly, that text used to appear only at the beginning and disappear.
And now it stands.
It is fixed in the OBH default skin.(Black Shadow SE_P)

I'll fix that with next skin updates.

This is an issue caused by the Render Picon.py
Since OBH Picon.py does scale picons with python-module-pil there is a saftey feature set so you want crash your image if the render dont find correct referans or picon_default.png
In the background the rendere creates a tmp file of the current picon and when you scroll to next movie or channel the tmp file gets deleted and a new created.
But if this did not get done like this then scale would not work and the Picon.py would create a crash.

But if you use only 220x132 picons and think this is crapp you can just fine use the Picon.pyo from BH and this issue is gone but big zz picons want be scaled down :)

Matrix10

Administrator
then why not use picon_default.png ? and using wrong references/picon

picon_default is in skin folder in all our skins

In practis this would work just fine until some user try a corrupt custom picon_default.png then the Picon rendere want find it and all will crash
therfore it was set to keep the tmp file untile a new correct file is cerated. And i also see that this path to picon_default dont work proper since
Alex dont have a picon_default showing in his movie list for the .mp4 video file so in his case he would suffer the greenscreen crash if this saftey issue was not implemented into the Picon.py
And all this is because OBH scales picons. Blackhole does not scale picons, they have a fixed size so there is no problem picons loads direct from source.

AlexWilMac

Just to be precise: I did not change any settings related to picon_default.png nor anything else.
And, actually, until some updates ago, it also happened that, browsing other media folder (different from the "movie" one), something I now do 90% of the times by OBH itself instead of EMC, while scrolling through media files, it appeared, one by one, a channel picon, the last browsed one coming from the "movie" folder.
Now, at least this behaviour, seems to be gone.

Matrix10

Administrator
In practis this would work just fine until some user try a corrupt custom picon_default.png then the Picon rendere want find it and all will crash
therfore it was set to keep the tmp file untile a new correct file is cerated. And i also see that this path to picon_default dont work proper since
Alex dont have a picon_default showing in his movie list for the .mp4 video file so in his case he would suffer the greenscreen crash if this saftey issue was not implemented into the Picon.py
And all this is because OBH scales picons. Blackhole does not scale picons, they have a fixed size so there is no problem picons loads direct from source.

Im sorry Thomas,

but
It does not display picon_default
there is a picon_default in each skin
And if someone changes that and has a crash
that is his problem. This also applies to almost everything else within the image.

I totaly agree with you MX but as long as we dont have full control of the OBH image we have to live with this until OE-Alliance decide its time to fix this problem.

I have attached the Picon.pyo that works as zip file so exctract and backup your original before uploading this one to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer
Its the BH version but i have added scaling to it so please test @Alexwilmac if this tackes care of picon issue in MovieSelect list

Attachments

• Picon.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 4

Matrix10

Administrator
Thomas,

Thanks for researching the problem
No, I didn't ask you to make a fix
of course this should make the image coders in official git.

I now you did not ask for a fix but this trigger my curiosity so i just hade to see if it was a big deal to fix this :)
I totaly agree this should be done by the Official coders and to all who test this fix. Dont excpect that Team Blackhole will give any support for this third-party fix!

and accully when researching this i also found a function that BH have hade for a longtime without nowing this
but if you want a diffrent picon_default for your movielist you can add one if you name it
1_0_1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0.png and upload to your picon folder :)

So again i found some hidden gems in my favorite image ;)
But the same works for OBH if you use the custom Picon.pyo file

AlexWilMac

So, @Thomas67 , just to be sure I understood: the fix in your post #10 is just one side of the medal, as we say, but if you also take advantage of the trick in post 12 you have both, a default picon for elements which don't have one AND no issues when scrolling through the rec list, right?

And, also, @Matrix10 , as we wrote at the same time our posts #8 and 9, I wanted to clarify (just in case you missed it) I did not change any parameters (like picon_default.png or anything else).

Matrix10

Administrator
So, @Thomas67 , just to be sure I understood: the fix in your post #10 is just one side of the medal, as we say, but if you also take advantage of the trick in post 12 you have both, a default picon for elements which don't have one AND no issues when scrolling through the rec list, right?

And, also, @Matrix10 , as we wrote at the same time our posts #8 and 9, I wanted to clarify (just in case you missed it) I did not change any parameters (like picon_default.png or anything else).

Well I also tested
and found the same problem.
So I said there is a bug because the default picon is not displayed.

Yes the Picon.pyo posted earlier by me should take care of the missing picon_default from both MovieList and your ChannelSelect list.
If you then want a custom picon for your MovieList where a proper picon is missing you can add that one with the "1_0_1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0.png" name and upload to your picon folder :)