Ultimo v Duo

gib72

Vu+ Newbie
hi all,

i'm thinking of buying the ultimo, but wanted to know what features it has over the duo, with the exception of the third tuner, like better streaming capabilities, etc..

any info would be great.

cheers

gib72

Vu+ Newbie
can the duo not do 3d?

and with the extra memory can the ultimo not do more? i've read the duo struggles to stream to a ps3 with a tuner, but is this easy for the ultimo for example?

Dzoni

BH Lover
can the duo not do 3d?

and with the extra memory can the ultimo not do more? i've read the duo struggles to stream to a ps3 with a tuner, but is this easy for the ultimo for example?

If is not problem for You to pay about 550euros - buy VU+ULTIMO, it is No 1 today on this gui platform. If You want cheaper box but also excellent, buy VU+DUO.

a911

The BH Lover
hi all,

i'm thinking of buying the ultimo, but wanted to know what features it has over the duo, with the exception of the third tuner, like better streaming capabilities, etc..

any info would be great.

cheers

I have Duo for more than three yeas, its a good STB!
The only issue, its RAM get overloaded easily and you U can only download 3 Epg provider (sometimes, even crash with that)!
And it has 2nd Tuner, but do U really need that!
So may be wait for the new 2nd edition!

Or see if Vu Uno will fit your needs, its faster CPU, more RAM and cheaper price!
Finally, if the cost of STB is not important and like 3d options go for the Ultimo!

U make the choice!
Read more about Vu receivers ,they are very powerful STB's!
And with BH Images installed, its the ultimate FUN TOY!

RgdZ
a911

Ev0

Admin
I have both.

They are both great and whichever you choose you will be very happy with.

If you don't need 3 tuners, then just get the Duo, if you think the extra tuner will be useful then get the Ultimo.

In use there is little to choose between them, the Ultimo is faster (more memory, faster cpu etc), and it has that lovely front panel vfd display too which makes it worth the extra money imo and that is why I bought 1.

If you do plan to go with the Duo, then as Shiro suggested above, you are better off waiting for the 2nd edition Duo to hit the shelves as it sounds like 1 of the best just got better.