Unable to record multiple channels/view other channels while recording

dovik

Vu+ Newbie
Vu+ Solo 2, Image 3.0

Unable to record multiple channels, unable to view other channels while recording

The technician tried to install a motorized satellite but couldn't make it work. I had an old software version at the time.
Because of that he installed a Toneburst A/B on tuner A (port A: hotbird13.0E, port B: astra19.2E),
tuner B: nothing.
I should be able to record up to 8 channels simultaneously and view any other channel, right?
I am only able to record a single channel and I am unable to view other channels while recording .....
Funnily enough it worked only once after the software upgrade and that's it.
I tried to install other software versions, no luck.
Do you think it depends on the Toneburst?
Please help.

Vu+ Solo 2, Image 3.0

Unable to record multiple channels, unable to view other channels while recording

The technician tried to install a motorized satellite but couldn't make it work. I had an old software version at the time.
Because of that he installed a Toneburst A/B on tuner A (port A: hotbird13.0E, port B: astra19.2E),
tuner B: nothing.
I should be able to record up to 8 channels simultaneously and view any other channel, right?
I am only able to record a single channel and I am unable to view other channels while recording .....
Funnily enough it worked only once after the software upgrade and that's it.
I tried to install other software versions, no luck.
Do you think it depends on the Toneburst?
Please help.
With your setup you should record all channels from a single TP on single satellite.

You didn't have a very good technician, as installing a motorized dish should be easy, depending on where he had to site the dish, for access.
It sounds like he's installed a fixed dish, with 2 LNB's, hopefully 2 separate LNB's, and not a cheap 6 degree monoblock LNB.
To record a channel, and still view others, on a different transponder, or satellite, your installer should have fitted two twin LNB's, and two Diseqc switches, aqnd run two satellite cables, so that both tuners had access to both satellites.
Personally I would get a better installer, to do a proper job, and either install a motorized dish, with a twin, or quad, LNB, or to fit two separate twin LNB's, and two diseqc switches, so that at least you can get both tuners getting 19.2E, and 13E.

Back