Uno 4K stuck at boot

Duke

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

My uno 4k is stuck during boot, TV shows "Black Hole" picture, power button on the box is slow flashing.
Powering down does not help. Only HDMI cable is connected.
This started after I tried to use USB stick with new BH version for upgrade.
Please advise on recovery
Thanks!

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Hi,

My uno 4k is stuck during boot, TV shows "Black Hole" picture, power button on the box is slow flashing.
Powering down does not help. Only HDMI cable is connected.
This started after I tried to use USB stick with new BH version for upgrade.
Please advise on recovery
Thanks!

The latest version of BH is from October 2020... Have you tried a new flash?

AlexWilMac

You provide, as usually do many users, really few details:
1) I guess you reflashed the box, from what you say: did it succeed?
2) If so, what happened immediately after the flashing: did the setup wizard start to configure your box?
3) If so, what happens if you press MENU? If you see the menu it simply means you have a clean image with no channels and bouquets, and the image is simply at the stage where you must perform a scan of channels.

Because if you say you put "the USB stick to upgrade BH", no upgrade is possible without losing every settings.

Duke

Vu+ Newbie
You provide, as usually do many users, really few details:
1) I guess you reflashed the box, from what you say: did it succeed?
2) If so, what happened immediately after the flashing: did the setup wizard start to configure your box?
3) If so, what happens if you press MENU? If you see the menu it simply means you have a clean image with no channels and bouquets, and the image is simply at the stage where you must perform a scan of channels.

Because if you say you put "the USB stick to upgrade BH", no upgrade is possible without losing every settings.

Duke

Vu+ Newbie
I tried to reflash with the latest version 3.10 available for uno4k. Update was not completed. I have not even confirmed the reflash cause there was no request for confirmation. The TV was showing BH startup screen. After a while I powered down the box and pull the usb stick, expecting the unit will boot with old version (3.1). It did not happen the unit is stuck on BH startup screen when powered up.
I am able to make connection using Putty, but I am complete newbie to linux . I could not find Enigma2 directory, nor execute init commands to reset.

AlexWilMac

Again you did not answer: what happens if you press MENU?
Because you talk about startup screen but it might be you misunderstand the splash screen for the bootlogo.
And you keep talking about flashing and update as they were the same: flashing completely "reset" your system. An update is a different thing.
I fear you interrupted the flashing of the box. If so you have only one chance: reflash it for real, this time.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Nothing happens if MENY pressed. How do I reflash please?
Thank you!

You do not know how to flash do but you did it... I hope you have not damaged anything on the box.

What you need before we start:

1) A USB stick formatted to FAT32. (Preferably compatibility issues while flashing the image).
2) Image of your choice.
3) Compression software such as 7zip, Winrar, Winzip

1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.

3. Copy the extracted folder “vuplus” to your USB Stick

Flashing the Receiver.

1) Power off the receiver
2) Insert the USB stick containing the image file .
4) Power the receiver on.
5) The Blue L.E.D will quickly flash two or three times then start to fade in and out slowly..
6) Once completed the Blue L.E.D will flash rapidly.
7) If in doubt leave the receiver for a full 10 minutes before powering down and removing the USB stick.
8) Power on the receiver, it should now boot into the new image.