Update BH-image for VU+ Duo2

Berit A

Vu+ Newbie
I have not upgraded my VU for over a year, since everything went wrong the last time. Therefore I run BH 3.0.2.E with kernel version 3.13.5. I have now tried to update, but I get no connection when I try. I then tried to download the lates version of BH to my computer, and unzipped the file to a USB stick. I put the stick in, and restart the VU, But it will not load the files and update. I have tried to unplug the VU and wait for 10 minutes, and also tried different USB sticks. Nothing helps. So my question is: What should I do now? Do I need a new version of the kernel, or does that come with the new image? If I need one separately: Where do I find it? And lastly: What do I do now to get BH 3.0.3.H?
Thanks in advance for any help

AlexWilMac

I have not upgraded my VU for over a year, since everything went wrong the last time. Therefore I run BH 3.0.2.E with kernel version 3.13.5. I have now tried to update, but I get no connection when I try. I then tried to download the lates version of BH to my computer, and unzipped the file to a USB stick. I put the stick in, and restart the VU, But it will not load the files and update. I have tried to unplug the VU and wait for 10 minutes, and also tried different USB sticks. Nothing helps. So my question is: What should I do now? Do I need a new version of the kernel, or does that come with the new image? If I need one separately: Where do I find it? And lastly: What do I do now to get BH 3.0.3.H?
Thanks in advance for any help

What is the EXACT structure of your USB stick (folders and files)? How do you format it? Have looked for the flashing procedure? There are many posts also in this same forum in the specific sections, like in the following:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-flash-update-vu-images.11819/

Berit A

Vu+ Newbie
I have formated the stick in FAT32, and it is empty except for the vuplus folder. The folder contains a underfolder, duo2, which again contains 5 files. The files are: initrd_cfe_auto.bin, kernel_cfe_auto.bin, reboot.update, root_cfe_auto.bin and splash_cfe_auto.bin. I have tried to load from sticks from Transcend and Corsair, and they both have a flashing light when files are added, deletet or the files are read. I can see the stick flashing when the VU boots, and when i use the Corsair I get the message "flashing" on startup, and I have tried to push the button on the VU when the message appeared, and also done nothing. Both with no result. I have no other disks or sticks connected, just the internal HDD. I have read the tutorial in the link above before I started the process. I have also tried different unzip programs, just to make sure....