Update failed, VU solo+ , Black hole

Oggi_nrway

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

unluckily i hit the update button, and after download, installation and restart. It was stucked.
Only showing BH logo on TV, and then black screen, with " starting" on the display...

Formatted USB pen, and managed to reboot, and installed an older BH version, 2.1.0.
Should I go for the latest update, 3,0,5?

Everything worked fine earlier, but now everything is gone.
It scans satelites, and finding services, but I cant manage to get it on the channel list.

I have a friend with the same VU, and we had exactly the same set up,
Can I somehow copy everything from his VU box, and use it to recover mine bact to the state i had earlier?

I know after this, i will take a backup of all settings etc....

Apreciate any help...

cheers

John

I was in the " plugin" menu, and did a firmware upgrade, when it failed.

I also have this message, service unavailable, check tunre config...

If you have an old VU+ Solo, as you have stated, then you will not see much benefit, in upgrading your image software, as your receiver is too old to use many of the later features, including Kodi.
If you have one of the newer models, like the VU+ Solo SE, VU+ Solo2, or even the VU+ Solo 4K, then please post back with more details.
To help with your tuner configuration we will need to know your satellite set up. Fixed dish, single satellite, Fixed dish,(dishes), with multiple LNB's and Diseqc switch, Motorized dish, etc..
Providing your friend has exactly the same model VU+, and set up, then yes you can use his receivers backup, although I would recommend doing it yourself.
Once you did a fresh installation, using your USB stick, then you wiped out all your old settings and need to set them up again.

Tnx mick for rplying.

Its up and running again now. Not sure how old my box are exactly.
I have 1 fixed disc, with 2 heads. 1 diseq
Believe only Thor are the one`s active.

Know for sure, i will do a full backup today.

Now I`m having issues with the surround sound output. It shows dolby digital, but my receiver will not decode it.
Like it did earlier.
Tried all the sound settings, etc.

Check all your Audio options, in the menu, where you can set your preferred audio choices, English, Original, etc..
tnx, I already did that without any luck.
It was working as it should the first day after the re install of BH. But now I only get stereo sound .
Using a Onkyo AVR in direct mode. Since it was decoding DD/ dts earlier, and with chromecast still decoidng DD/ DTS sound I assume the AVR are ok.
Cant find any threads about this issue.
BH reset and VU reset dont give any change.
Hard reset, I guess will wipe everything out ?

Back