Updating Satellite xml list.

ecclestron

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everybody,
I have downloaded my custom satellite xml list from,satellites.eu.I have tried to load this with dcc and vucc to my vu solo 2,trying to transfer the file to the tuxbox file/directory without success.The sat list in my box has changed from my original but is a reduced version and every time I try,this list seems to be hung up in the box and it wont change.Help please.

ecclestron

Vu+ Newbie
hello again,
downloaded xml list,unpacked and transferred to etc /tuxbox.When I reboot the box it hangs up on the Gui as it does with my other lists and also with V Hannabal,so I have to reflash the image.Even when after flasing the image,the same old depleted satellite list seems to be stuck in the box.I don't have a problem loading Ipk or BH-tgz manually.When I transfer the xml list from my computer to etc/tuxbox,it shows it in there as a dir.
regards

el bandido

Vu+ User
Do you have a satellites.xml file in etc/enigma2?

If there is a satellites.xml file in etc/enigma2, it will be used and the satellites.xml file in etc/tuxbox will be ignored.

ecclestron

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there,
I,ve tried loading the xml file into the e2 directory and I can see it in there but again when I reboot the box hangs up on reboot and I have to reflash the image,still stuck in the box is the depleted satellite list.
regards.

Matrix10

Administrator
Are you sure that your box have problems due to satellites.xml
( I am not convinced , if not install clean image first)

satellites.xml you can also put in with dreamboxedit software.

You have to download list from your box with dreamboxedit software replace satellites.xml and upload back .

Dreamboxedit can control SAT list for errors.

ecclestron

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there,
when the problem occurred,I updated my image to 2.1.7,loaded no problem,fault still the same.I,ve tried to update to the 3.0 image from my usb,which I just formatted but now It will not load any image.I cleared out all my previous settings (using the 2.1.7 thats in th3 box)set up on single 28.2 and did a manual scan,nothing,so I scnned 1 transponder and I have some channels.Doing a full scan again right now on 28.2.
yes,It would point to a problem with the box.Where do I go from here.
regards.Oh by the way my satellites list has cleared and I,ts just showing the one transponder I scanned.

ecclestron

Vu+ Newbie
all channels now there on 28.2,only showing 1 transpondser in sat list.
just another observation,when I try to set up on positioner,I can set up my longitude but when I try to set up my latitude (53.5897) when I try to enter the five it comes up as a 3 every time I try
regards.