USB VU+ Solo problems

yos4546

Vu+ Newbie
I have bought a new VU+ Solo receiver.
Unfortunately, I can't upgrade my VU+ Solo as it does not recognise the DiskOnKey inserted into front or rear USB socket (FAT32). I tried and put some MP3 and MP4 files on DOK, and when I go to MENU-MEDIA PLAYER it shows only Internal Flash and does not see USB.
Any suggestions? Can you help? What's wrong?

yos4546

Vu+ Newbie
Moved to the solo section as it is not a board issue :confused:

Have you tried a different USB ?
I need to burn the new image, that's why I posted here.
In order to be able to flash images, someone has to have a general knowledge how the tools he uses works.

I tried DOK or 4GB Memory Card + Card Reader, both formatted FATS32.
Regards,

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
Burn the image ????
Just download and unzip it to your USB, this is basic stuff that you can find in the how to section.

yos4546

Vu+ Newbie
Burn the image ????
Just download and unzip it to your USB, this is basic stuff that you can find in the how to section.
You are right,thanks.
If you read my first post carefully, I did what you said. I thought maybe someone had similar problem. I have written the VU+ support, they didn't answer me yet, still I must wait . I'm afraid it wil be not soon or if at all.
Regards,

hicham2u

Vu+ Newbie
1 try another USB key (4gB or 8gb).
2 - to flash your receiver first unplug it from power, insert the usb then plug the receiver to power ... you will see the receiver led blinking (and if you have a led on the usb it will blink too, meaning that the receiver is reading from it).....you have to wait until your receiver stop blinking and the led will be green. restart the receiver and voila.
3 - if the both step did not help you, return the receiver to the seller.

yos4546

Vu+ Newbie
1 try another USB key (4gB or 8gb).
2 - to flash your receiver first unplug it from power, insert the usb then plug the receiver to power ... you will see the receiver led blinking (and if you have a led on the usb it will blink too, meaning that the receiver is reading from it).....you have to wait until your receiver stop blinking and the led will be green. restart the receiver and voila.
3 - if the both step did not help you, return the receiver to the seller.

I succeeded to flash my VU+ Solo receiver finally. Thanks!
As you said the receiver should be unplugged from the power in order to start the boot process. But I only switched it off and on which was not enough. The VUPLUS on site instructions say "switch the receiver on and off" which is confusing.
The only strange thing was that the LED blinked without stopping during upgrading - I waited 45 minutes and it continued to blink and did not change to constant ON. I was afraid, but fortunately, after restarting the receiver the new version started working!
Note: Prior to flashing the image I upgraded also the BOOTLOADER version (maybe was not needed) with the same LED not stopping to blink result. So I don't know whether it changed or not.

I have some questions:
1) Do you know how to see the Bootloader version ?
2) Is it possible to define groups of interest in Favorites and then to put several channels under each group? For instant groups:
Italian->RAI 1,RAI 2, Canale 5, etc...
German-> ZDF, etc...
French-> TV5, ARTE, etc...
Note: My other receiver ABIPBox 910HD does it very easily this way.
3) There is a problem with the newest image: When looking the ZDF channel and enabling the teletext page 777 for subtitles, the thick vertical line is present on the right side every time the text appears. When disabling teletext the line is not shown. Doing the same with the ABIPBox 910HD receiver the teletext subtitles are correctly shown without the line. This should be a bug in the image. Whom to speak to correct this bug?
Regards,
Yos

hicham2u

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

For the second question on channel liste hit the blue button to show the [Favourites], once you have the list of the favourite group click on the Menu button and you will have the [add bouquet] fonction. Add a all the group you want. after that return to the channel list select a channel and hit the Menu button, you will have the [add service to bouquet]. choose the bouquet (groupe) where you want this channel to be and redo for all the other channels.

you call also use software like Dreamset to group your favorite channel on your computer then export them to receiver.

good luck