Voice assistant on Vu+ Recievers !

medamine60

Vu+ User
Hello all,
upload_2019-10-27_12-8-29.png
Introduction : :D
Voice assistant are everywhere now, it's became native to ask Google, Alexa, Siri, Home Boxes and cars to excute some basics tasks.
Play movie, Music, wheather or confirm what you just said to your freinds:yahoo:
Since the begenning of Linux based receivers and except some nice features we did not see a real innovation but only an evolution in time.

To discuss :
What do you think about a sort of "OK Vu zap to Eurosport 1", "OK Vu search in EPG wheeler dealers" or Ok Vu Save all settings on USB"....
Do you think that Maurys are working on Voice Assistant or should think about it?

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
I look for a refrigerator that will serve me, at my voice request, a cold beer! That's what it was!
So, in a room with several people, guests and/or family, are we going to be talking to the receiver? Is the RCU not enough to interact with the device?
Possibly I'm outdated ...

a911

The BH Lover
I look for a refrigerator that will serve me, at my voice request, a cold beer! That's what it was!
So, in a room with several people, guests and/or family, are we going to be talking to the receiver? Is the RCU not enough to interact with the device?
Possibly I'm outdated ...

How about if I can talk to my TV?

AlexWilMac

Great: all this effort to zap to Eurosport... but there are dozens of Eurosport1: which one would it choose?
One in a bouquet or one among all channels? Well, you can always decide to declaime a poem: "Ehi VU, zap to Eurosport1 but, please, choose the one I have in my bouquet "SPORT").
Oh! VU! You did not understand what I said? OK, I will explain it again....
Or: "Ehi VU, save my setting on my USB"; what? which one? Well, the one named "useless" (or was it "invane"?). Well, you decide, dear VU, 'cause I don't want to touch my remote.

I frankly consider ridiculous this new mania of voice for the stupid things. And comparing it to the situation of using voice when I'm driving is even more ridiculous: that's important.
Anyway, you should complain to VU+, not to this forum. We are not VU+.
I don't need voice, I need brain and I remember (and exercise my memory to remember) 80% of the channel numbers I use more often.
Then there is OBH helping a lot by choosing among channels by the letters in each key.
So, if I need a channel whose name starts by "M", I press 6 once; if I need "N" I press it twice and so on. Well, this is only a OBHfeature, not present in BH but it's not that tragedy to do that without voice.

But, above all, as I said, you should complain to VU+, not to this forum. We are not VU+.

paperino61

Vu+ User
IMHO (but I'm not very young rather) I consider it really stupid .... only those jerks of samsung can like it. the last samsung television that I have bought (special offer), it only has a stupid voice remote control and not a normal one with the buttons; for example to go to channel 1 you have to press the keys 4 times, or use the voice: CRAZY. Never again Samsung for me !!!

lubak

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
you can try my new application for iPhone and Apple Watch 'Enigma2 remote control':

Code:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/enigma2-remote-control/id1501375955?ls=1

"Remote control client for all Enigma2 based Set Top Box sat and cable receivers such as Vu+ or Dreambox.
You can start-stop your set-top-box, change channels, volume and many more with your iPhone, Apple Watch and Siri.

E2Control app requires set-top-box with Enigma2, network connection to the box and enabled OpenWebif plugin."

If someone wants a promo code, please write me a private message.

Last edited by a moderator:

nunigaia

Hello,
you can try my new application for iPhone and Apple Watch 'Enigma2 remote control':

Code:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/enigma2-remote-control/id1501375955?ls=1

"Remote control client for all Enigma2 based Set Top Box sat and cable receivers such as Vu+ or Dreambox.
You can start-stop your set-top-box, change channels, volume and many more with your iPhone, Apple Watch and Siri.

E2Control app requires set-top-box with Enigma2, network connection to the box and enabled OpenWebif plugin."

If someone wants a promo code, please write me a private message.

*** W A R N I N G ***

Your APP is welcome to the market in general, but not here ( because it´s not a free app )!.

Furthermore, it´s not allowed on our board, external live links!

Please, read our board rules, as it seems you haven´t read them, on the moment you joined our community.

best regards
nunigaia

medamine60

Vu+ User
just released :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

dreambox.png

bzt1rYJ

medamine60

Vu+ User
Yes, I can't wait for giving vocal commands to my STB. As I wrote in post #6, I find this fashion ridiculous.
I understand and respect your point of view, but do you think that Apple, Google, Amazon & Microsoft are wasting time and money to develop ridiculous fashion? don't think so, User interfaces changed a lot and will continue to change, voice assistants makes like easier in so many situations.
But like in every change a lot of people develop a sort of resistance in the beginning and join the movement later :)

AlexWilMac

I use Siri, don't worry, if my hands are bringing stuff or while driving. But imagining to use voice to change channels or other complex actions...
Good luck, anyway.