Vu+ duo in 1 room, TV in other

Rudylad

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all, 1st post. I know very little about the vu+duo box, or anything like that. But I've just bought 1 yesterday and it gets delivered tomorow. I didn't know anything like this even existed until a couple if weeks ago, I don't know there capabilities but I know what I want to use mine for. so I hope it's easy enough to figure out.

Anyways. My question was. I'm renovating my new house and moving in next week. TV is going on Livingroom wall, everything else through the other side of the wall(breezeblock) in to the garage with DVD player etc.

Will the vu+ duo work like this with the remote control, or will I have to buy a magic eye or something?

Any advise would be massively appreciated. Keeping it as simple as you can.

Thanks very much for anybody who takes the time to read and reply :)

Infrared rays emitted by the remote cannot pass through any non transparent material.
So you'll have to use a wireless IR repeater .

Infrared rays emitted by the remote cannot pass through any non transparent material.
So you'll have to use a wireless IR repeater .

Thanks, do you recommend any that will work with the vu+ duo? I've read that the $ky magic eye doesn't work

It's hard to suggest you one... different countries, different products (here mainly from local manufacturers).
Anyway, any serious IR repeater should work well.

Only to let you know the possibility... if you have a home network and a smartphone, you could also try to control your box with an app... however it's not so practical as using the remote..

Great, thanks. I'm in the uk, and want it to do vu+ box, and DVD player if you could recommend any id be grateful. It's a bit of a hassle but will Hopfully be worth it :)

Hello... I think that the IR repeater will do the job very well... Don't make it hard..... It's very easy pal

Also you could use your smartphone to change channels (assuming you have wifi) , there is a couple of Apps that I use to stream from VU+ Solo2 to my phone that can be used as a remote, the one I like best is the VU+ player you can get it from Google Play Store and its free.

Also you could use your smartphone to change channels (assuming you have wifi) , there is a couple of Apps that I use to stream from VU+ Solo2 to my phone that can be used as a remote, the one I like best is the VU+ player you can get it from Google Play Store and its free.

Will try this thanks :)

Back