Duo / DuoLE [VU+ DUO] Lost signal after playback

danijelrd

Vu+ Newbie
Hy,

first of all, respect to the most informative forum for VU+.

I have specific problem and couldnt find same problem and solution, only the similiar.

1. I had red light problem, changed capacitors c807 and buck Z1021AI. Then it was OK.
2. Then I noticed that when I'm watching more than half an hour, materials which were previously recorded on HDD, that when playback is over and receiver returns to watching channels, there is no picture (OSD is there but SNR drops to 0%.)
3. I changed capacitor C848 and SNR rose higher for about 30% on every satellite. But after watching again and returning to ordinary watchin satellite tv, there is SNR at 0%. After restart, everything is OK back again.

HDD is 8 years old 3.5", tested in PC, no bad sectors or any errors. returned back to receiver and formated through OSD in receiver.

When Im not touchin playback of recorded materials, everything is OK for infinite time. When I start playback and stop it after some time, SNR drops to zero!

My configuration is 120cm antenna, with 4 quattro LNB, Spaun diseqc switches.. all signals tested and OK with high end equipment by satellite dish installer technician.

Please, could you help me somehow?! Im losing my mind already... :( :(

Mick12334

Have you tried a different image, or earlier version of Black Hole?
The only thing, I can think of, is that playing a movie, seems to use a lot of resources, have you checked your System Information, by pressing Blue, followed by Yellow, after stoping the playback?
A re-boot generally resets everything.

danijelrd

Vu+ Newbie
Multiple images tried, older/newer BH, Vix etc... Flashed it countless times (i'm not new to enigma..)

Receiver configured in this way worked for 5,6 years with no problem... In my opinion is main suspect -> HDD..

Yes, reboot resets and then it's ok immediately after boot up.. but problem stil persist after procedure of playing/stopping of playback. :(

Mick12334

Possibly the hard drive, but more likely a hardware fault, perhaps faulty/failing component.
Do you have a USB stick attached, for extended flash?
Why not remove the hard drive and try recording to a USB stick, then playing the recording back.
Did you check the system information, after the problem occurs?

a911

The BH Lover
Hy,

first of all, respect to the most informative forum for VU+.

I have specific problem and couldnt find same problem and solution, only the similiar.

1. I had red light problem, changed capacitors c807 and buck Z1021AI. Then it was OK.
2. Then I noticed that when I'm watching more than half an hour, materials which were previously recorded on HDD, that when playback is over and receiver returns to watching channels, there is no picture (OSD is there but SNR drops to 0%.)
3. I changed capacitor C848 and SNR rose higher for about 30% on every satellite. But after watching again and returning to ordinary watchin satellite tv, there is SNR at 0%. After restart, everything is OK back again.

HDD is 8 years old 3.5", tested in PC, no bad sectors or any errors. returned back to receiver and formated through OSD in receiver.

When Im not touchin playback of recorded materials, everything is OK for infinite time. When I start playback and stop it after some time, SNR drops to zero!

My configuration is 120cm antenna, with 4 quattro LNB, Spaun diseqc switches.. all signals tested and OK with high end equipment by satellite dish installer technician.

Please, could you help me somehow?! Im losing my mind already... :( :(

Check your Diseqc Switches!

danijelrd

Vu+ Newbie
I will try record to the usb stick ! (i did not even get idea of that :ashame:)

Diseqc switches are made by Spaun, 4/1 ... I really hope that they are not faulty component! I'll try with cheaper one....

Matrix10

Administrator
Unfortunately, problem is back.. any help is needed... :( I dont know what next to try...

If I understand good you only have a problem after using HDD

I think that your HDD withdrawn too high current
and then you have a loss of signal.

The causes may be different
HDD is no longer good
A component , likely capacity is no longer good inside your box.

This means it is necessary to test with the recent HDD preferably with low power consumption ( 2.5-inch HDD ??)
Check if any electrolytic capacitor is so-called inflated
( close to HDD connection on main board or in pwr supply ??)

danijelrd

Vu+ Newbie
If I understand good you only have a problem after using HDD

I think that your HDD withdrawn too high current
and then you have a loss of signal.

The causes may be different
HDD is no longer good
A component , likely capacity is no longer good inside your box.

This means it is necessary to test with the recent HDD preferably with low power consumption ( 2.5-inch HDD ??)
Check if any electrolytic capacitor is so-called inflated
( close to HDD connection on main board or in pwr supply ??)

But receiver in another house on another antenna setup works perfectly... but in my home there's problem with signal loss after playback longer than 30 minutes... I tested hard drive with WD Diagnostics, 100% Pass - extended test... works great in PC.. only if it can cause problems in something undetectable by diagnostic tools... There are no inflated capacitors, I changed all capacitors which could cause power problems (found info on this forum..)..

Matrix10

Administrator
Disc Diagnosis does not say anything about the electricity/curent/pwr required by the drive.
PC power is much greater than power from Box supply.

But if your box is running smoothly on the another satellite installation
then there is a possibility that your LNB DiSEqC are not good.

But there is still a possibility that the second installation uses less energy
if diseqc and LNB is different.

So you have to start Excluding reasons for your problem.
Let's replacement of diseqc or LNB
if you're 100% sure that the box works seamlessly on another satellite installation.

Mick12334

I agree with matrix10, it's time to start testing where the problem lies.
First I would send a new cable, direct from the LNB, to your receiver, and see if this cures the problem.
Please post back, with any updates, or test results.
Good luck.

danijelrd

Vu+ Newbie
First, thank you all for your help.
Problem is stil persistent.
I tested my configuration (lnb's, cables, dish...) with another receiver, and just to be sure, I called tehnician which assembels sat configurations, and he tested with some device my setup and he says that everything is perfect with high snr's (center of Vienna)....
I noticed that this problem with loosing signal occurs when BOTH tuners are in use! only in that case... maybe it leads to something ? I dont know anymore...

Matrix10

Administrator
First, thank you all for your help.
Problem is stil persistent.
I tested my configuration (lnb's, cables, dish...) with another receiver, and just to be sure, I called tehnician which assembels sat configurations, and he tested with some device my setup and he says that everything is perfect with high snr's (center of Vienna)....
I noticed that this problem with loosing signal occurs when BOTH tuners are in use! only in that case... maybe it leads to something ? I dont know anymore...

Yes, but in this case is probably HDD in operation
and then we circle around .
Have you tested with other HDD preferably with less power
consumption.
Your problem is a loss of power
which is caused by a defect in the box or defect in additional devices
hdd,tuner,lnb,,diseqc,motor e.t.c

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
I suspect that the ouput current from your Duo to the sat installation (DiSEqC switch and LNB) has become insufficient, particularly when using an external HDD.
From the point of view of the technician, all your installation is obviously ok.

And when testing your box with another sat installation, the problem might not occur just because the current requirements of that installation is lower than the yours.

So the cause might be that the component replacements in your Duo don't actually provide the same amount of current to the sat output as it was previously.