Vu+ duo remote control problem

Kevalino

Vu+ Newbie
I have had My Vu+ Duo for a couple of years and suddenly my remote has started behaving in a peculiar manner. The FF and FR don't work properly. If I press the FF button it does 2x but no more. I found if I pressed the right arrow key it did 4x then FF key 8x etc. Also when I navigate menus the highlight gets stuck and only moves if I press a right/left arrow or up/down. When stuck the exit button doesn't work. I did find a thread but the guy ended up wiping his system trying to remedy it. My Info says:-
Chipset BCM7335
CPU BCM7335BO
Cores 2
Version Helios
Build 004
Kernel 3.1.1
Drivers 2014-03-10
Last Update 2014-04-21
Thank you for any help.

I have had My Vu+ Duo for a couple of years and suddenly my remote has started behaving in a peculiar manner. The FF and FR don't work properly. If I press the FF button it does 2x but no more. I found if I pressed the right arrow key it did 4x then FF key 8x etc. Also when I navigate menus the highlight gets stuck and only moves if I press a right/left arrow or up/down. When stuck the exit button doesn't work. I did find a thread but the guy ended up wiping his system trying to remedy it. My Info says:-
Chipset BCM7335
CPU BCM7335BO
Cores 2
Version Helios
Build 004
Kernel 3.1.1
Drivers 2014-03-10
Last Update 2014-04-21
Thank you for any help.
First of all, your image is ANCIENT... so update it.
About your RCU, can be normal: the speed of FFW / RW is format dependant.

Thank you for your reply. Is it possible to update the image without losing settings? I have found a Software Update item but when I go into it, it says the box is not connected to the Internet, even though it is. I can check this on the network settings and it says all connected. Also, on the remote, this has only just started happening. The remote has been fine since I started using it. It's not just FF and FR, it gets stuck on the menus then jumps up and down and sometimes I have to use the arrow buttons to move it.

Thank you for your reply. Is it possible to update the image without losing settings? I have found a Software Update item but when I go into it, it says the box is not connected to the Internet, even though it is. I can check this on the network settings and it says all connected. Also, on the remote, this has only just started happening. The remote has been fine since I started using it. It's not just FF and FR, it gets stuck on the menus then jumps up and down and sometimes I have to use the arrow buttons to move it.
You are using and obsolete image from VIX so the online update will not work, you need to backup your settings and the flash a new image.

Back