Vu+Duo2 BlindScan

del6600

Vu+ User
Hi
Does anyone else have the same problem I get when using "Blindscan"?

I simply select "Blindscan" from green button. Select the satellite to be scanned, I leave the default settings and press scan (green button).
If you are using blindscan to say scan 10E it will pick up a lot of channels from 9E or blindscan 8W it will pick up numerous channels from 7W. This applies to most adjacent satellites making blind scan a waste of time, the only way to correct is to repeat the scans but not with blindscan (menu-setup-service searching-manual scan). This clears the adjacent channels that blindscan picked up, very time consuming!!

Having recently tried out another image they seem to have overcome this problem, You can block adjacent satellites by 1 degree, 2 degrees and 3 degrees, this seems to work well. Not sure if I am aloud to mention the OS name?
I did find the OS complicated compared to BH? I have come back to BH OS as I find it more user friendly.

Is there any fix to solve the Blindscan issue with BH?

Have I hit on a BH embassment? No one from support willing to answer. You spend a lot of money on a box costing twice as much as other boxes, ask a simply question and now one whats to now.
Come on BH support I am sure others need help on this question. If another flash can manage why can't BH, are there coders better? I would like to think not as I like BH.

@del6600 : BH Blindscan is based on Vu+ original Blindscan. Feel free to write to Vu+.
My opinion - using adjacent satellites known frequencies to exclude them from scan is not a Blindscan anymore. It's a selective scan and not stored frequencies will be picked up anyway.

PS: You can post your preferred image Blindscan name.

Hello.
Thanks for the reply. The image I tried and which seemed to work well was Openvix-Apollo.033 for Vuduo2 usb.
I did write to Vu but as usual I never hold my breath for a reply. If I could find a way of transferring the Vix BS to BH this in my estimation be a winner. It’s an idea for coders to work on to improve BH and make it the VERY best.
Del

Back