Vu duo2 fan control

antoine3_dupres

Vu+ Newbie
I recently bought a vu duo2 and installed the latest bh on it. After one week i have started tolook at the temperature in the box (with the lcd color screen) and i noticed that by default there was with Bh a plugin installed "manual fan control".
As i noticed that the fan was stopped while in stand by i decided to keep it on always (otherwise temperature was around 37 with a room temp at 24).
However i do not find rational in this plugin as the fan speed is always set at the same rpm in standby and during use.
so i installed another plugin "fan control2", that is supposed to regulate the temperature by acting on the fan depending on the temperature.
However i read on the net:
- fan control 2 was designed for solo2 and shall not be used on duo2!
- you do not need any plugin for temp control on duo2. But then why is BH installed with a plugin?

On top of this i was wondering how i could have 2 plugins installed trying to both drive the fan! I cannot remove the manual fan control as the opkg uninstall command is telling that there is a dependency on another module....so i did not want to force the desinstall and start to mess up my config.
So my question: what fan control plugin to use on duo2(if any)
Views will be appreciated.
Thanks

37 degrees is not a problem... As you have read on net ... "Only need the BH stock fan control and set to on in standby "

Ok but i will set the fan speed to what rpm?
When the harddrive would start i would have to increase the rpm otherwise temp will increase more.
Are we saying that the good way is to have the same rpm always?(standby or not)
Thanks again.

I just read that vu duo2 has a built in fan with temperature sensor!
If this is the case why we do not leave the hardware working for us instead of using the manual fan control?

The hardware does control it if I'm not mistaken.... The only thing the plugin let's you do is allows you to let the fan come on or stay off in standby

That was what I thought until I realized that the speed I am targeting with the plugin is the one I get whether the box is in standby or not!
(I see it because I am displaying the temperature and the rpm on the color duo2 LCD ).
Do you see the fan speed of your box changing? Or is it always at the same speed?

To be honest I don't pay much attention to it so haven't noticed (it is on my LCD config as I use evos... I Only really keep an eye on the temp.... And I stream to ps3 and record etc with HDD and I think the most I've seen is around 43 degrees so I know its keeping it cool

I finally managed to have things working as expected. I set the ManualFan to work in standby with a speed at half of the bar.
I installed Fancontrol2 from theBH addons (be careful there is a fancontrol through the plugin as well, but this one does not work).
I kept the default parameters and by magic the fancontrol2 starts regulating fan speed based on actual temperature. You can even monitor temperature through the webif with ipadress/fancontrol.
Looks great.....The only thing I still do not understand is why I read that the duo2 has a hardware to regulate temperature but I have to install a plugin! Any view on that will be appreciated.

Back