VU+ DUO2 - missing tuner and can't find any channels

Morten Larsen

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
I have just received a VU+ DUO2 with 2 DVB C/T2 tuners. First I have to mention that I'm a newbie and I haven't installed anything in the receiver yet. Somehow I thought it did function out of the box.

Under the ”Menu/Information/About” I can read the following:
Version: Nov 5 2014-vuplus_experimental_factory
Image: Experimental 2014-11-5
Frontprocessor version: 0
Detected NIMs:
Tuner A: Vuplus DVB-T NIM(SSH108) (DVB-T2)

Detected HDD:
ATA(WDC WD10EZEX-75M)
(1000.204GB, 999682 MB free)

What I can't understand is that only tuner A is visible, shouldn't I be able to see both tuner A and tuner B?
I have tried to switch the 2 tuners but with the same result.

Unfortunately that is not the only problem.
I have both cable tv and antenna and both things are function with my old box a Sagem HD PVR 102-CT from Canal Digital.
I know I can't get the cable signal from Canal Digital function without adding some more to the new box, but it surprise me that I simply can't find any channels from my Televes antenna on the roof.

In the ”Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Tuner configuration” (also here I can only see tuner A) I have the following settings:
Tuner type - DVB-T2
Configuration Mode - enabled
Terrestrial provider - Europe, Middle East, Africa: DVB-T Frequencies
Enable 5V for active antenna - off

When I do an Automatic scan it simply doesn't find any channels at all.

Is it me that overlooked something or do something wrong?

Regards
Morten

Hello,
I have just received a VU+ DUO2 with 2 DVB C/T2 tuners. First I have to mention that I'm a newbie and I haven't installed anything in the receiver yet. Somehow I thought it did function out of the box.

Under the ”Menu/Information/About” I can read the following:
Version: Nov 5 2014-vuplus_experimental_factory
Image: Experimental 2014-11-5
Frontprocessor version: 0
Detected NIMs:
Tuner A: Vuplus DVB-T NIM(SSH108) (DVB-T2)

Detected HDD:
ATA(WDC WD10EZEX-75M)
(1000.204GB, 999682 MB free)

What I can't understand is that only tuner A is visible, shouldn't I be able to see both tuner A and tuner B?
I have tried to switch the 2 tuners but with the same result.

Unfortunately that is not the only problem.
I have both cable tv and antenna and both things are function with my old box a Sagem HD PVR 102-CT from Canal Digital.
I know I can't get the cable signal from Canal Digital function without adding some more to the new box, but it surprise me that I simply can't find any channels from my Televes antenna on the roof.

In the ”Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Tuner configuration” (also here I can only see tuner A) I have the following settings:
Tuner type - DVB-T2
Configuration Mode - enabled
Terrestrial provider - Europe, Middle East, Africa: DVB-T Frequencies
Enable 5V for active antenna - off

When I do an Automatic scan it simply doesn't find any channels at all.

Is it me that overlooked something or do something wrong?

Regards
Morten

Hi Morten,

Your image, is an outdated one from 5/11/2014.
Why don´t you give it a try, to Blackhole 2.1.7 or Open Blackhole 0.1, upgrading it.

best regards
nunigaia

Hi Morten,

Your image, is an outdated one from 5/11/2014.
Why don´t you give it a try, to Blackhole 2.1.7 or Open Blackhole 0.1, upgrading it.

best regards
nunigaia

Hello Nunigaia,

Thank you very much for your reply, but do you really think an outdated image can course those problems I have described?

Regards,
Morten

Hello Nunigaia,

Thank you very much for your reply, but do you really think an outdated image can course those problems I have described?

Regards,
Morten

You have recently received your new STB ... if you asked for the second tuner at your seller ... it is possible that he don´t have tested and booted when upgraded the second tuner.
A defective tuner, faulty drivers, corrupted image, can bring to this.

Of course, you can open firstly your STB ... with power off, unscrew and open it and check if the tunner is well connected, or unmount it, and change the slots. If you don´t want to open, change the firmware.
You can test first to see with vuplus official firmware image, you can find it here:

-->
Code:
 http://code.vuplus.com/download/boximages/21/vuduo2/vuplus-image-vuduo2-20150924163926_usb.zip

best regards
nunigaia

Back