Vu duo2 no signal on sat

Worzel

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, I've gone and done it, brand new, cable and sat tuner with VIX.

Set it all up, got the cable side working a treat, however for the life of me for some reason I cant seem to find no signal on the sat side.
Now, I have not used my motorised dish in a few years, its still there high up on the side of my house with a few cob webs I presume.
I've just plugged the cable straight into the back of the duo2, when setting up I did see about 67% signal for about a second then it disappeared and have not been able to get it back. the dish is moving when I search.

I have tried lots of tutorials but can't get any signal to lock on.
Its been a few years since I played with satellite on my old DM800hd so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

Thanks in advance

Worzel bye.gif

Have you set up your Tuners?
It's not wise to connect your receiver to a dish that hasn't been used, in some time, before checking all the cables.
Cables can rot, split, connections come loose, and let in water, which could then damage your receiver.
You should check the cable, and all connections, as well as the LNB, after such a length of time, as well as check that your dish hasn't moved.
If you have access to another dish, even a sky dish, check that your receiver is working, and you've set the tuners up correctly.

I have played with the tuners on many settings, first tried simple set up, then usals. I've put my longitude and latitude in.
The problem I've got is that my dish is situated up on my roof so I had a good line of sight, so access is a problem without a set of triple ladders.
I'll have to plumb into the neighbours dish to make sure I've set it up right, then ill know

Thanks Mick

Back