Vu+ Duo2 Out of the box/bootloader/BH Image

Tommeliten

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
As mentioned when I registered to this community a few days ago, you will probably see a lot to me :-) First question arrived together with the Duo2 today when I opened the shipment. First thing I saw was a disclaimer stating that I had to ensure that my bootloader was up to date...if it wasn't I could risk destroying the Duo2.

Well, first thing first, I have been reading quite a lot on this forum, and learned much I hope, obviously there is a lot of very skilled people on this site. I made a plan that I would install the latest BH image, and I have prepared a USB stick with the image on it. My thought was that once I power up the Duo2 for the first time, have not done that yet, I would just go ahead and install the latest BH image, but since this note was in the package warning me that I needed to ensure that the bootloader was latest bersion my whole plan stopped.

Anyone who would care to comment on this? Would it be safe for me to follow my plan or should I do some other updates prior to trying to upload the latest BH image. As previously mentioned, the Duo2 is straight out of the box, brand new today with the exception that I immediately installed a 128 Gb SSD (harddisk) into it.

Now all the Duo2 come with the new bootloader.
When you switch on the Duo2 you'll be able to see on the display the message CFE V2 for a very short time.

Thanks very much Eragon. May I bother you With my second question as well, or anyone else, my second question is should I just go ahead and upload BH 2.0.9.1 immediately from the first time I switch the Duo2 on, or should I just start it from factory settings? I guess it will ask for parabol setup immediately which I have to do one more time if I upgrade to BH later on?

I only turned on the box once just to verify that it was booting, then immediately flashed my first Black Hole.:)

Back