vu+duo2 tuner config

darren953

Vu+ Newbie
hi everyone got my new vu+duo2 a few days ago got it up and working in no time
i used openvix-3.0.793 image my problem is tuner setup been playing with it for ages
tuner a is set to simple/single/28.2 and the same on tuner b
when i record something lets say on itv central when i change stations over to say sky 1
when i go to play recording back of itv central box has recorded sky 1
so can not record then watch a different station
when i record itv central then turn station over a & b on front on box flicks over
both my coax feeds are working fine can anyone suggest anything
even changed my hard drive just in case
(fixed dish 28.2 )
500gig hard drive
thanks for everyones time in reading this

darren953

Vu+ Newbie
ok m8 have tried black hole BlackHole-2.0.7 got the same problem
thats why i put vixx on box thought it was an image problem
might have to contact the seller cheers anyway

Kimmisser

Vu+ Newbie
@darren953 : We can help you with BH image. And only in case you'll Respect our Forum Rules.
Hi.
Running BH 2.0.7.1
When i record one channel i can't watch another.......and there is only black screen on my TV.
I have to unplug my VU+DUO2 every time i tried to record.
Tuner is A is set to loopthrough and tuner B is set to one

Kimmisser

Vu+ Newbie
@Kimmisser : You should be able to record one and watch other channel from the same TP.[/quote
Hi again.
According to VU+ you are right. But in fact, every time i record it turns black screen and i have to restart the box. My tunersetup is as follows
Tuner A:
Configuration type : single
Type : DiSEqC A/B
Port A : .......
Port B : .......
My dish is installed by a pro. It's a 80 cm with a Megasat Diavolo HDTV Quad monoblock LNB.
Seperate Cables for each tuner in the box.
I guess there is something wrong in my tunersetup but i can't figure out were it is..........

Kimmisser

Vu+ Newbie
@Kimmisser : Quad Monoblock - With only one cable or two to duo2? Ask your installer to give more infos (sats and diseqc of monoblock)
Two cables for duo2 and one for my solo2.
The monoblock is 0,1 dB, 6 degree, universal LNB, 2 satelittes, 4 users.
Could it be that i have plugged one cable in each tuner instead of using the loopthrough cable?
I am a absolute beginner regarding VU and sat....obviously

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Both tuners have to have separated cable, and both with the same configuration of Sats and Diseqc, but not loopthrough.

Kimmisser

Vu+ Newbie
Both tuners have to have separated cable, and both with the same configuration of Sats and Diseqc, but not loopthrough.
That the Way i have my setup.
But right now i have startet a recording on one channel DiSEqC A
Then i tried to change to another channel DiSEqC B and there is no picture.
I then changed back to the channel were i started recording and there is no picture.
Each time i start recording i have to reboot my VU.
There must be something wrong with my tunersetup, BH or the VU?

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi, @Kimmisser, I think if you can list of all your lnbs, satellite positions, cable connection configure, and your receivers (tuners), many users here can give you a good configuration. (I have noticed that you have listed your hard ware but it seems need more details about the cable and tuners connection configuration).
In general, one cable can only receiver one signal from one transponder (possible more than one channels), if one tuner used this cable, another tuner cannot use the same cable in the same time [except loop through configure and unicable]. To make this configure simple, it is better to set as a simple lnb and/or use DiSEq setting. I have 3 receivers, tuner numbers are from 1 to 3 per receiver, 3 DiSeq ABC switches, many cables. All of these almost give me every potential to watch and recording .

I have a same problem with BH 2.071, when I start recording all other channels are not available, black screen. Although if I'm not recording both tuners are working well. Is there somefing specific to the settings or softawe plugins?

Kimmisser

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, @Kimmisser, I think if you can list of all your lnbs, satellite positions, cable connection configure, and your receivers (tuners), many users here can give you a good configuration. (I have noticed that you have listed your hard ware but it seems need more details about the cable and tuners connection configuration).
In general, one cable can only receiver one signal from one transponder (possible more than one channels), if one tuner used this cable, another tuner cannot use the same cable in the same time [except loop through configure and unicable]. To make this configure simple, it is better to set as a simple lnb and/or use DiSEq setting. I have 3 receivers, tuner numbers are from 1 to 3 per receiver, 3 DiSeq ABC switches, many cables. All of these almost give me every potential to watch and recording .

Hi

My LNB is a "Megasat Diavolo" quad monoblock 6,2 degree for 2 satellittes and 4 users.
The dish is a 80 cm and alligned for Astra and Hotbird and adjusted by a pro. I have over 90% signalstrength on most of the channels.
From the LNB i have 3 cables.
2 of them for my VU+DUO2. Thats 1 cable for each tuner.
The last cable goes for my VU+SOLO2.
All cables are without any spilts or junctions. They go all the way from the LNB to the tuners. The cable is bought in a proshop and of very high quality.

Tuner configuration for tuner A: VU Plus DVB-S NIM(AVL6211) (DVB-S2) DISEqC A/B Sattellites: Hotbird, Astra.

Next screen says: Configurations Type: Single
Type: DISEqC A/B
Port A: Hotbird
Port B: Astra
...22 KHz: Yes
Sending DISEqC only on sattellite change: No
Tuner configuration for tuner B: VU Plus DVB-S NIM(AVL6211) (DVB-S2) DISEqC A/B Sattellites: Hotbird, Astra.

Next screen says: Configurations Type: Single
Type: DISEqC A/B
Port A: Hotbird
Port B: Astra
...22 KHz: Yes
Sending DISEqC only on sattellite change: No

Kimmisser

Vu+ Newbie
@Kimmisser : Should work :confused:. Can you try with Solo2 and two cables?

Hi Again.
I will try with my SOLO2 later but i don't have a hard disk mounted in it yet.
Guess it will first be on monday. I'm going to Copenhagen tomorrow and will first be back monday.
So i will have to return to this post monday afternoon.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
@Kimmisser : It should work as paolino said. However, you may do some simple experiment.
1. change receiver (use your solo) with 2 cables.
2. You may change the configure "Sending DISEqC only on sattellite change: No " to see what happens.
3. You may exchange the cables to different turner.
4. How old the monoblock?
5. Because you have 6 degrees differences between the satellites. If I were you I may prefer to use 2 quod LNB with DiSEqC swithes because I believe that such configures are easy to replace when hardware shows problem and easy to test when have a new hardware. Many users may be disagree.

I have had some experence caused by a fault quad LNB which is new. The new lnb can only shows some channels but miss many. I spent a lot of time to check software, settings and even aligement of the dish (because it is a new system, new hardware, new dish, new receiver). Eventurely, it is the new lnb. Because you use an system which was workable, just change a new receiver. To change back your old receiver may be an easy way to test the system

Kimmisser

Vu+ Newbie
@Kimmisser : It should work as paolino said. However, you may do some simple experiment.
1. change receiver (use your solo) with 2 cables.
2. You may change the configure "Sending DISEqC only on sattellite change: No " to see what happens.
3. You may exchange the cables to different turner.
4. How old the monoblock?
5. Because you have 6 degrees differences between the satellites. If I were you I may prefer to use 2 quod LNB with DiSEqC swithes because I believe that such configures are easy to replace when hardware shows problem and easy to test when have a new hardware. Many users may be disagree.

I have had some experence caused by a fault quad LNB which is new. The new lnb can only shows some channels but miss many. I spent a lot of time to check software, settings and even aligement of the dish (because it is a new system, new hardware, new dish, new receiver). Eventurely, it is the new lnb. Because you use an system which was workable, just change a new receiver. To change back your old receiver may be an easy way to test the system
Hi
All Things are brand new :)
I haven't managed to try the setup yet but i will and i return to you when i have tried it.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
@Kimmisse, It should be oky, you had an old Solo, therefor, you should no problem to manage the settings. Good luck!