Vu solo 4 k not booting

bhu

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Friends , I am having booting issues / my stb Vu Solo 4 k is not booting , I have black hole latest image on flash and open pli 7.3 on hdd via open multi boot plugin even after removing the hdd the image on flash black hole is not booting , pls suggest

AlexWilMac

"Not booting" is not clear: what parts of the process does it complete? Do you see any screens?
Have you tried to disconnect every cables, apart from HDMI, of course?
Otherwise, you need to reflash your box.

bhu

Vu+ Newbie
Not booting means enigma 2 is not starting , boot menu does not appear , reflashed it 10 times same problem , if i install an image in flash it works but while flashing an image open bh / open pli / open atv into hdd by open multiboot plugin the image works but after restart box is stuck on boot enigma 2 wont start be it image on flash or hdd hope i am clear

Mick12334

I advise that you delete all multiboot options, in the hard drive, and try flashing the imag3e again, either OpenBh 5, or other, leave it running, and see if there are any problems.
If it works perfectly then try storing multiboot images in a USB stick, and see if it then works.
The only way to locate the problem is through testing.

bhu

Vu+ Newbie
I advise that you delete all multiboot options, in the hard drive, and try flashing the imag3e again, either OpenBh 5, or other, leave it running, and see if there are any problems.
If it works perfectly then try storing multiboot images in a USB stick, and see if it then works.
The only way to locate the problem is through testing.

bhu

Vu+ Newbie
Sir , I had already done this from last two weeks but with no success , i had been using below options for last 2 years with zero issue only recently the issue of stuck on boot is reoccurring 1. Flash Image - Black hole latest vu solo 4 k 2 . HDD image - Open bh 4.0 , Open pli 7.3 , Open ATV 6.3 , VTI via open multi boot

Mick12334

Have you tested a fresh installation, of openBh 5, on flash memory, without your Hard drive connected, or any USB devices, no plugins, or even your coax cables connected, just the basic image? If you can still access your menu, then the receiver has booted, and you can then leave it running, for some time, to see if it freezes, re-boots, or stops allowing you access to the menu.
Only by testing, from the very basic position, can you find out if it's a hardware, or software, issue. As you do not mention that the receiver is shutting down, just that it stops booting, I'm tending to lean towards a corrupt file, on your hard drive.

If everything is working then shut down, connect your coax cable, and manually scan in the satellite that you're currently pointed to.

You have provided very little information, regarding your setup, or if you can access the menu, or shut the receiver down, by holding down the power button, on your remote, for over 10 seconds.

bhu

Vu+ Newbie
Have you tested a fresh installation, of openBh 5, on flash memory, without your Hard drive connected, or any USB devices, no plugins, or even your coax cables connected, just the basic image? If you can still access your menu, then the receiver has booted, and you can then leave it running, for some time, to see if it freezes, re-boots, or stops allowing you access to the menu.
Only by testing, from the very basic position, can you find out if it's a hardware, or software, issue. As you do not mention that the receiver is shutting down, just that it stops booting, I'm tending to lean towards a corrupt file, on your hard drive.

If everything is working then shut down, connect your coax cable, and manually scan in the satellite that you're currently pointed to.

You have provided very little information, regarding your setup, or if you can access the menu, or shut the receiver down, by holding down the power button, on your remote, for over 10 seconds.

bhu

Vu+ Newbie
As far as set up is concerned i am using it for only satelite no iptv , its been hooked to a diseque 1.1 satelite Hb 13 e , 85 e , 9 e , HDD 1 TB WD , LG OLED , I also have vu duo 4 k in other room whichnis working seemlessly , DM 820 also working , Yes i agree there might be a plugin or a corrupt file in the boot sector or may be affecting it , For that I had initialised the hdd three four times , Yes it need to be tested step wise but one thing i am sure when i use bh image or Pli 7.3 on flash everthing works fine but as soon as i install image on hdd by open multi boot all hell break loose and box does not boot , sometimes it boots after 10/15 minutes that was earlier not now , i will post feed back after unplugging the coaxial cable , I dont prefer open black hole on flash since it does not support fast channel change , But to discover the issue will install the same open bh 5.0 , Another in past when the reciever boots it work fine after enigma2 start the issue is with booting only

AlexWilMac

If I remember well (cause I dislike it) OpenPli causes many problems when installed in flash to other images installed in OMB.
Anyway, I think you should try to use also a USB stick as OMB device, in case there's something wrong in your HDD SATA port. Or you should also try a new SATA cable: although is a rare event, it might occur that a faulty cable makes HDD/SSD to work bad.
By a USB stick you can rule out this variable in the problem.

Reactions: bhu

bhu

Vu+ Newbie
If I remember well (cause I dislike it) OpenPli causes many problems when installed in flash to other images installed in OMB.
Anyway, I think you should try to use also a USB stick as OMB device, in case there's something wrong in your HDD SATA port. Or you should also try a new SATA cable: although is a rare event, it might occur that a faulty cable makes HDD/SSD to work bad.
By a USB stick you can rule out this variable in the problem.

bhu

Vu+ Newbie
Yes this might be the possible cause as sometimes recordings stored in hdd had some issues in past during fast forward , will check the cabel/ sata port although reciever is in perfect condition and i hardly opened since it has a tray mechanism , still this could n’t be ruled out

bhu

Vu+ Newbie
Today i freshly installed bh image on flash , I noticed that even when i mounted the hdd , it showed after restart not mounted , this is the root of problem however now i am using only bh and hdd is showing mounted after 2/3 hours of continous observation and several restart , I also checked the sata port of hdd and cable which appears to be perfect and in good order , after several days will install omb and install images on hdd and will update feedback thx all

AlexWilMac

Cables cannot be looked from outside: it doesn't make sense. If you want to do a proper test you must change the cable and the HDD.
It's not normal you have a HDD mounted after 2 hours, please!

Reactions: bhu