Vu+ Solo 4K AGC Problem !!

DMR800

Vu+ Newbie
Hello

i have a Vu+ Solo 4K

the problem is that AGC value is always around 70%

In fact, the AGC is limited on Solo 4K !!!

for example :

Eutelsat W7 11304 H 29700 2/3

With Solo 4K:

SNR : 93%
AGC : 70%

With Solo 2:

SNR : 93%
AGC : 90%

I think this is a software issue . Do you have the same problem !!?

Matrix10

Administrator
What problem do you have with AGC that should be fixed
And has any value for you when watching TV ?

AGC has the function of preventing excessive signal strength.
Exhausting a strong signal at the receiver input can cause harmonic frequencies and products that may spoil reception.

Comparing AGC with two different receivers does not make sense.
They do not contain the same electronics.

DMR800

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you Matrix10

I just want to display real values And it's better to follow a standard in this regard

Matrix10

Administrator
Thank you Matrix10

I just want to display real values And it's better to follow a standard in this regard

There is no standard for AGC here.
It all depends on the design of the receiver.
On the other hand it is all relative and depends on other factors
such as software and the like.

In addition to the user AGC has almost no value.
The most important is the SNR and BER
Unfortunately BER i think no longer exists, probably because of the electronic .

Specifically, with good signal you can have a bad reception if BER is not good.
(Let's say when it rains or you have trees in front of the antenna)

BER indicates how many errors you have in the digital signal stream.

In principle, there is only one value of interest and that is SNR.

If the signal is strong enough and stable
then the SNR is good.
In this case with not stable SNR , the BER is also not good because you have interference
electronic interference or obstacles in front of the antenna,
large variations in the signal SNR would be shown.

Last edited:

Gold_66

Vu+ User
I experienced the same thing when changing from Ultimo to Solo 4K.
It is probably related to FBC tuner architecture.
I wonder if Uno 4K and Ultimo 4K have this issue too.

On the other hand, as Matrix10 clearly pointed out, it's the SNR that matters most.

kodosh23

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there! I have a 4KSE and suddenly I have 0% on SNR, AGC and BER. It's connected to motorised dish. Normally when the dish would be not probably alligned it would show erratic changing numbers, but suddenly it shows 0% on all accounts. I can assure you that it is plugged in properly and the satellite coordinates can be changed via remote control and/or manually. Should I do a factory reset? I'd rather not. thanks in advance.

mosllam

Vu+ Newbie
thank you Kodosh23
i was expecting to find at least one answer that will end the problem
i have the good old vu duo1 ( 10 years old ) working great in both tuners
saddly the new uno se 4k was a disaster ( just 8 month old )
yuner ( A ) motorized after few month ( AGC ) went down ( ex - form 80% to 30% )
then ( SNR ) olso went down slowly -- now its down by more than 10% ( ex form 46% to 35% )
i switched to tuner ( B ) -- works fine in the begining but both ( AGC ) and ( SNR ) again starts to go down
SNR is now down by 3% -- i can easly compare it to the old vu duo1
i do not know the soultion -- the box is less than 1 year old
i ask the dealer to change the tuner but he deny and said i made a mistake - so i have to pay for the new tuner

I want say it can't be a tuner problem but 46% snr is all to low and indicate that the satdish and the lnbs are not correct lined up in the first place
maybe see if the LNB needs to be skewed before you go fiddling with the dish. And what numbers do you have on the old Vu+

DMR800

Vu+ Newbie
With SOLO 4K receiver , I have never seen more than 77% of the AGC value on any satellite or frequency since 2016 with 120CM Antenna!. I think the maximum is 80% instead of 100. There is exactly a 20-25% difference compared to the old models. I tested all the images and it made no difference ... Apparently related to drivers.

AlexWilMac

This subject about the values showed by the STBs is very old and it has been said many, many times, that a STB is not a signal meter. Its values must be considered as a relative measurement, not an absolute one.
In the same decoder they might be useful to compare two transponders but using to compare different receivers with different HW has no meaning at all.

DMR800

Vu+ Newbie
I think solving this problem is very simple, just add the current values by 20%. Apparently the maximum number that can be displayed is 77% !!!
It is enough to be tested by experts. They never see 80% for AGC and of course do not see above it...
I do not understand why they should limit the amount of AGC like this!!

DMR800

Vu+ Newbie
Note that in all HD models, even models that are several years apart, the same values are displayed, even with differences in hardware. But in 4K models, strange and unpleasant changes have been made in the AGC level ...