VU+ Solo 4k Stuck on Flash Image

DDJ1

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Team.

My 2 Day old VU+Solo4k is stuck on Flashing Image on small screen on the front of the device. Can't get it to take new image , Iv'e tried & tried , I don't know what to do. Can someone please help. It is a genuine VU+STB. It's driving me mad !

Hopefully You'rs

DDJ1

Ever since I've had my Solo 4k I've only ever had one flash drive out of many different ones that would flash it. However I noticed it was labelled 'Ubuntu Mate' and I wondered which programme had done that. Bingo, looks like Rufus. https://rufus.akeo.ie/ . So I grabbed a non flashing stick and fired up Rufus. I didn't change any parameters of Rufus and clicked start (to create a Freedos bootable disk). Then I deleted any files created by Rufus on the stick (don't format it) and copied the VU Plus folder to it. Stuck it in the Solo 4k and booted it. Bingo the magical message appeared.
rootfs.jpg

Tried it on three sticks that wouldn't reach this screen, all ok. Works for me.

These are weird boxes. Turns out it was ok flashing a backup but not a fresh image from Openpli. So I compared a backup
backup.jpg
with a fresh Openpli image
freshimage.jpg

So I thought to hell with it I'll delete the difference and deleted initrd_auto.bin from the USB stick and it booted and installed no problem. Totally confused.:laugh:

Back